Bread!
Farendwoman Offline
Low carb, low fat and low calorie is always a disappointment in my opinion.
I like “proper” yoghurt, “proper” bread etc. If you’ve ever tried low fat cheddar cheese …… well I won’t make that mistake again!!
Would far rather eat a smaller bit of something luscious.
(That’s the intention anyway - but my good intention usually turns into a large quantity of something luscious when I get carried away)
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(08-10-2022, 06:26 PM)Farendwoman Wrote: Low carb, low fat and low calorie is always a disappointment in my opinion.
I like “proper” yoghurt, “proper” bread etc. If you’ve ever tried low fat cheddar cheese …… well I won’t make that mistake again!!
Would far rather eat a smaller bit of something luscious.
(That’s the intention anyway - but my good intention usually turns into a large quantity of something luscious when I get carried away)

If I could double 'like' that post I would. Smile I know just how you feel.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
One sniff of carbs and I put weight on! Angry

I did manage to lose 3 stone on a carb free diet, but have since put about half of that back on (partly due to bread eating) Rolleyes I like to try and minimise my weight as it takes the pressure off my knee joints osteo arthritis. The lighter I get the less pain I have. Cool

Having said all that, I still intend to bake bread regularily and try out some new recipes...........now where did I put those tins of sardines? Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I just eat anything that's free. Gone are the days when I counted calories or tried any sort of diet and I'm not starting now.
Eat bread ( or anything) but don't eat a loaf a day - simple.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don’t eat bread every day. Only because I don’t make it every day. Like many others. I eat what I want , when I want. Life is to short to count calories and to give a monkey’s about my weight. I’m not a couch potato ( no one that enjoys gardening is ). As long as you’re still active, does it really matter what size you are. I had a reasonably unhealthy tea soon to be followed by pudding  Big Grin
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(08-10-2022, 07:58 PM)Small chilli Wrote: I don’t eat bread every day. Only because I don’t make it every day. Like many others. I eat what I want , when I want. Life is to short to count calories and to give a monkey’s about my weight. I’m not a couch potato ( no one that enjoys gardening is ). As long as you’re still active, does it really matter what size you are. I had a reasonably unhealthy tea soon to be followed by pudding  Big Grin
A noble sentiment! Rolleyes With Crimbo coming soon and my white beard, if I don't stop eating so much bread  I could be mistaken for Santa Clause! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
I eat what I fancy  so long as i get some exercise my weight stays the same, meaning my clothes fit. Big Grin   which is a bonus.
Usually its bread at lunchtime either, toasted, a sandwich or a cob, often i have a slice with dinner depending on what it is.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny