2022 seeds I’ve saved
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Purple poppy seeds
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

MartinH Offline
Today I saved some Salad Bowl Lettuce seeds and some Mizuna, from plants I let go to seed in the greenhouse. I've never saved these before, I assume they come true?
[-] The following 1 user Likes MartinH's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Same as yesterday. Purple poppy seeds. Surprised there was some left and they’d not all been shaken out naturally by the wind.
  • Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
So far dwarf french and broad beans, garlic bulbs and will use some nice specimen onions for next years seed.

Also some seed potatoes but one variety, i left on some greenhouse staging to dry and they look a bit cooked.

I've got some leek seed heads ripening slowly but they will all need clearing before the end of September to prevent allium miners.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Saved first few sunflower seeds & I found a couple more bluebell full of seeds.
  • Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
I've got three carrots that were sown this year, but have massive flower heads on them, so I'm excited - that'll be the first time I've saved carrot seeds Smile

Should I put anything around them, like a bag or anything? I don't know what I'm doing Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(27-08-2022, 08:39 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: I've got three carrots that were sown this year, but have massive flower heads on them, so I'm excited - that'll be the first time I've saved carrot seeds Smile

Should I put anything around them, like a bag or anything? I don't know what I'm doing Smile
To be honest I probably wouldn’t save them. Carrots are biennial so as they’ve bolted, there’s a high chance all their offspring will as well. If you want to save them anyway. You shouldn’t need to bag them. Just make sure you’ve not got any wild carrot growing close by. Because they will cross.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Mark_Riga, SarrissUK

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Carrot seed saving guidance from RealSeeds https://www.realseeds.co.uk/seedsavinginfo.html
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • SarrissUK, Small chilli

toomanytommytoes Offline
The blight resistant, open pollinated cherries - Primabella, Primavera and Resi.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Farendwoman, Small chilli

Farendwoman Offline
Nicandra purpurescens
Heracleum Pink Mist
White Muscari