Quaking grass Briza Maxima
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Frank was on holiday first time the envelope was sent. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don't like the stuff in the garden really.... I grew it cos VC sent the seeds Big Grin but it looks fabulous in bunches!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Not long ago you were asking for seeds - now you tell me you don't like it. Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Mine is growing in a pot this year on a bench. Because the voles ate it before it got to 6” tall last year. So I’m looking forward to seeing the weevils appear this year. Still looks like a clump of grass in the pot at the moment.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
I still like it - planting it in every little space I can find!
Thank you Veggie
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(29-06-2022, 08:39 PM)Veggie Wrote: Not long ago you were asking for seeds - now you tell me you don't like it. Tongue
Not my plant of choice but it is fabulous in bunches so it's a must grow as it has its uses.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve used some in a bunch of flowers. It looks great and I’ve bagged some of the seed heads. I really like it because it just looks like grass, then this really weird, textual but delicate thing grows out of it  Cool  .Also sown the last of the seeds from veggie and they are coming up  Cool . No idea if sowing them now is wise. But I’ve been at the seed sowing school of veggie for far to long to be worried about the correct sowing times  Cool  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Despite what VC says.... I did lose mine. Cut too many of the stems I think!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(14-09-2022, 09:25 AM)Small chilli Wrote: I’ve used some in a bunch of flowers. It looks great and I’ve bagged some of the seed heads. I really like it because it just looks like grass, then this really weird, textual but delicate thing grows out of it  Cool  .Also sown the last of the seeds from veggie and they are coming up  Cool . No idea if sowing them now is wise. But I’ve been at the seed sowing school of veggie for far to long to be worried about the correct sowing times  Cool  Big Grin .
You have to think like a Weevil grass.  "Am I ready to scatter my seed at this time of year so they grow next year in every spot that will really annoy the weevil hating gardener?"
If so,  Sow.  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Do weevils like quaking grass? I find they like certain plants in pots - heucheras and strawberries when I grew them. Not so much of a trouble if grown in the ground.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • JJB