Petrol strimmer
Broadway Offline
Any recommendations please?
Regards..........Danny Smile

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Moved your thread to the "Recommendations" topic.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Broadway Offline
(18-06-2022, 02:12 PM)Veggie Wrote: Moved your thread to the "Recommendations" topic.
Thanks VeggieSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
You might to add a few words about what you want in your post - not just in the title. Wink
How big an area? Do you need a brush cutter or is it just grass?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Fair play mumSmile

Brush cutter, plot is 240 square metres, ish
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Can't give recommendations for amateur strimmers but we used  Stihl  strimmers where I worked and they were very efficient at what they did. I like the heads with a large buutton in the middle that you could tap on the ground and it automatically let out a fixed length of cord.
I am a fan of Stihl stuff but it is quite expensive. Sick Our strimers seemed to last forever though and they were used day in, day out, during the summer. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(18-06-2022, 04:30 PM)Vinny Wrote: Can't give recommendations for amateur strimmers but we used  Stihl  strimmers where I worked and they were very efficient at what they did. I like the heads with a large buutton in the middle that you could tap on the ground and it automatically let out a fixed length of cord.
I am a fan of Stihl stuff but it is quite expensive. Sick Our strimers seemed to last forever though and they were used day in, day out, during the summer. Cool
Thanks Vinny will take a lookSmile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(18-06-2022, 05:15 PM)Broadway Wrote:
(18-06-2022, 04:30 PM)Vinny Wrote: Can't give recommendations for amateur strimmers but we used  Stihl  strimmers where I worked and they were very efficient at what they did. I like the heads with a large buutton in the middle that you could tap on the ground and it automatically let out a fixed length of cord.
Just had a thought. Angel The new Stihl strimmers have dampeners fitted to keep HAV's levels down (Hand Arm Vibration), meaning you can use them for 8 hours without suffering vibration 'White finger' Cool . A necessity for pro's but maybe not for amateur use. Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Small chilli

Broadway Offline
(18-06-2022, 06:13 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(18-06-2022, 05:15 PM)Broadway Wrote:
Just had a thought. Angel The new Stihl strimmers have dampeners fitted to keep HAV's levels down (Hand Arm Vibration), meaning you can use them for 8 hours without suffering vibration 'White finger' Cool . A necessity for pro's but maybe not for amateur use. Rolleyes
8 hours!
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
MrPP who sometimes strims all day for clients has a stable full of Stihl strimmers, many that he's brought back from the dead, and won't touch anything else. Personally, having a harness is vital if I'm going to be using it for more than 20 minutes or so.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny