Yellow sticker tips?
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(04-08-2022, 09:39 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 08:21 PM)Veggie Wrote: There's a couple of meals there - you could do the £1a day challenge. Big Grin
Nah, I would need to formulate a spreadsheet then! Tongue Big Grin
Thought you were a mental arithmetic whiz kid. Tongue
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(04-08-2022, 11:05 AM)Veggie Wrote:
(04-08-2022, 09:39 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 08:21 PM)Veggie Wrote: There's a couple of meals there - you could do the £1a day challenge. Big Grin
Nah, I would need to formulate a spreadsheet then! Tongue Big Grin
Thought you were a mental arithmetic whiz kid. Tongue
Can't seem to find a noteworthy retort to that one so I will just have to chalk it up as 1-0 to you Veggie! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I have a new Tip for you all. Big Grin
In Morrisons, the price tags on the shelves are white normally. Yellow tags are offers - usually something like "any 3 for 2 offer" or "Sharwoods special offer". Whatever it says it will be at least 2 words long and usually end with "offer".
You need to look for Yellow tags with a single word on - and that word is "Clearance". Sometimes its "Clearance Offer" but not often.
"Clearance" items are often half price or less.
I now whizz down an aisle, looking, right and left, for Yellow tags with one word on - and ignoring everything else. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, Vinny

Vinny Offline
(18-09-2022, 10:14 AM)Veggie Wrote: I have a new Tip for you all. Big Grin
In Morrisons, the price tags on the shelves are white normally. Yellow tags are offers - usually something like "any 3 for 2 offer" or "Sharwoods special offer". Whatever it says it will be at least 2 words long and usually end with "offer".
You need to look for Yellow tags with a single word on - and that word is "Clearance". Sometimes its "Clearance Offer" but not often.
"Clearance" items are often half price or less.
I now whizz down an aisle, looking, right and left, for Yellow tags with one word on - and ignoring everything else. Big Grin
Getting hard to find the bargains now veggie. They now seem to reduce stuff to half price then if no one buys it, bin it! Cry If Iam buying out of date stuff I want it at 10% of original price. Rolleyes
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I've found it hard to find bargains too. They've changed the times when they knock things down here which doesn't suit my shopping times at all.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
My local waitrose always had bargains, bread was reduced to 20p most evenings and there were great offers on the meat and fish counters.

Theres rarely any offers now. The bread is packed up around 6, if I want a fresh loaf I need to get there early. Half the fresh counter is gone (no cheese/cold meats) and if you want fresh fish you need to get there by teatime as its usually sold out.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie, Vinny

SarrissUK Offline
We have a newly opened co-op in the village and we haven't had the chance to go have a look. Jay went tonight on his way home from the chippy and found loads of reduced bread. He was pleased as anything saying we'll never buy a full priced loaf again haha
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Bought a yellow sticker banana plant reduced from £3.50 to 35p at Morrisons last night. Cool Dunno how long it will survive but at 35p it's not the end of the world if it croaks after a while as it is quite decorative the way it is after having a few dead leaves snipped off Rolleyes Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Is that a "pup" emerging in the front of the plant?

Vinny Offline
(06-10-2022, 04:09 PM)Veggie Wrote: Is that a "pup" emerging in the front of the plant?
There are actually four 'pups' as you call them emerging around the bottom. If I had to guess I would say a node has been burried and the shoots are emerging around the main stem! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Veggie