Part-time Self Sufficiency
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
My OH (who wasn't much of a cook) would follow a recipe as printed and couldn't deviate from it. He even asked me how big a pinch of salt was - as my fingers were smaller than his so the amount would be different.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Small chilli, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(28-04-2022, 09:29 PM)Veggie Wrote: My OH (who wasn't much of a cook) would follow a recipe as printed and couldn't deviate from it. He even asked me how big a pinch of salt was - as my fingers were smaller than his so the amount would be different.
I google recipe's and say "Haven't got that, haven't got that, sod it I'll just blag it! Big Grin Some times it works other times it goes straight in the bin, especially when Kato turns his nose up a it as well! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 6 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Jimny14 Offline
Right so i didn't think we were self sufficient until I started thinking about it.
I have realised now we are fully self sufficient in the following as we only eat those we have produced all year, either fresh or frozen - Blackcurrants, blackberries, red and white currants, gooseberries, rhubarb, kale, Jerusalem artichokes, broad beans squash and cooking apples.
Part time self sufficient in new potatoes usually from June until August although I'm trying to extend this. Salad leaves in summer, carrots from late summer until autumn (we get through a lot of carrots so none get stored) courgettes in summer, we usually grow enough garlic for a few months supply. Think that's it but will add to the list if I remember anything else.
[-] The following 6 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli, Veggie