Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden!
JJB Offline
Moonraker
I reckon your shop must import courgettes from abroad Smile my shopkeeper said there wasn't much chance of a courgette yet because his supplier hadn't even planted them. He was able to offer a few tomatoes though and a pick your own bunch of chard.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Garrett, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My shop keeper seems to have completely given up caring on one hand and on the other is ridiculously over excited about the bean & tromboncino deliveries. That he admits won’t be for a couple of months.
There is the most pathetic strawberry selection. I think he’s only ordering one a week. The salad aisle isn’t much better. But he’s got feelers out for new suppliers. Carrots are starting to appear on shelves. Think the supplier has been changed because they seem to be some of the best carrots I’ve seen in a good few years.
Shop keeper was telling me while I was at the checkout (so I couldn’t suddenly remember something I needed in another aisle). How much he’s regretting not putting in orders for courgette, cabbage, peas & chillies. Apparently he didn’t realise how popular they were. Seriously! What plant has he been living on!
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Garrett, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My shopkeeper seems to have cornered the market for courgettes but been very lax in putting in orders for beans and salads. Perhaps he should have a few words with your shopkeeper and share deliveries.
Strawberries are finishing but there are plenty of raspberries which, if I'm honest, I prefer. There's a delivery soon of gooseberries but the blackcurrants are a bit slow this year and, I'm told, the birds have been feasting on them so they may be in short supply.
Lots of mangetout on the shelves and they're hoping for a delivery of new potatoes imminently.
The tomatoes are quite expensive and you don't get much for your money. They're small but bursting with flavour - its worth paying the extra after waiting all winter for a fresh tomato.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Garrett, JJB, Small chilli

Bren Offline
My shopkeeper doesn't know were  the stock is I found a cucumber hiding right at the back of the shelf  was very tasty along with toms that are now plentiful.  
He's over stocked on lettuce again  Rolleyes   think he's get it right by now.
Potatoes are in stock so is chard and it looks like peas will be by weekend.   
Strawberries are getting low but there's still rhubarb then raspberries and blackberries in the frozen section.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Because of supply problems the shelves are getting stocked in dribs and drabs, surely you can't blame brexit an the war for everything, I think it's just bad management. You see, now I've complained there will be so much of one or two products he won't be able to sell it all. Strawberries are an example, customers found it difficult to keep up. He's had a steady supply of mangetout, beets and broadbeans so for that I'm thankful. He says he's put in an order for lots of beans, courgettes and tomatoes but that I'll have to be patient.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Went to see what was there but couldn't get in the door. Someone had stacked loads of cucumbers and courgettes in the way. A notice said to help yourself and that cabbages, green beans, tomatoes, potatoes, beetroot, nectarines and lots more was available inside when the doorway was cleared.

Coming soon, hopefully next week are more raspberries and Katy apples.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
That's the sort of shop I like. Unfortunately, there aren't any branches down here.
There have been plenty of courgettes, tomatoes and enough soft fruit to keep the customers happy but most of them come here and grumble because there aren't any beans. Apparently there's an order going in for some late beans but I don't have much faith in the supplier. They've let us down before, many times.
Apples are being delivered daily. Quite expensive as there aren't many but that will change in a couple of weeks. It'll be free apples with every purchase,
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
How's the stock in your Little Shop at the end of the garden?

Mine has plenty of lettuce, rocket, mustard and Chinese leaves but I'm not tempted by salad when there's snow on the ground!
Shopkeeper said he has a bucket of carrots for his special customers and some leeks and kale behind the counter. The fresh fruit has finished but there are raspberries, gooseberries and apples in the freezer aisle.
I noticed a special offer on parsley and lovage - not the customers favourites, I assume!
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The little shop is closed for refurbishment, plus customers find access difficult in freezing temperatures. The shopkeeper says his supplier finds it difficult to extract the carrots from frozen ground so supplies have dried up. Customers have complained that the grower should have lifted and stored the carrots, but unfortunately this didnt happen. Onions and garlic are available and kale will be on the shelves once access problems have been sorted (i.e. the grass thaws)
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
My little shop has an assortment of lettuce, then plenty of kale, parsnips and JA’s.
A choice of apples either frozen or dehydrated, but not much other fruit unless you want jam.
The shop keeper has been shuffling seeds so there’s going to be new stock at some point.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie