Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden!
Mikey Offline
Can’t seem to get OH or DD out to the shop this year, they look through the window and give me their order list but seem very reluctant to do a bit of shopping. Which is a bit bonkers I picked up a family sized beetroot the other day, it was big enough to feed the family for two consecutive days. If I was more capable I’d have carved it instead of a pumpkin. Strange thing the variety was supposed to be golf ball size.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Seemed to be BOGOF on lots of items in the Shop at the moment - beans, courgettes and tomatoes. Also noticed a special offer on sugarsnap peas - end of line- but they'll have new stock arriving soon.
Never could resist an offer, so filled my basket to the point of overflowing...............again. Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
was having mushroom pie tonight so went shopping for potatoes, courgettes, green beans, garlic, onions and tomatoes. The rocket potatoes were particularly large so were very good baked in the oven with the pies.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The little shop still has a reasonable turnover of courgettes and broccoli. Tomato & runner bean delivers are every other day. There’s also one big delivery of chillies every week. Think there will be a delivery of plums sometime over the next couple of days.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Plenty of potatoes peas carrots onions and chillies, herbs are flat leaf parsley thyme, lemon thyme and rosemary, good selection of scallions
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The shopkeeper sounded quite pleased that he's out of courgettes and wasn't sure when the next delivery would arrive. Fortunately, I still have plenty in store after bulk buying recently. The beans looked a bit big and past their best so I left them in the shop. Apparently, they'll be taking them off the shelves for a while and will bring them back when the pods are dry.
Plenty of tomatoes and lettuce so there'll be lots of salad on the menu for a while.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Eyren, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(22-08-2020, 02:59 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Plenty of potatoes peas carrots onions and chillies, herbs are flat leaf parsley thyme, lemon thyme and rosemary, good selection of scallions
You know, I completely forgot to look at the potato aisle. When I was last in the shop. I must do that next time.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(22-08-2020, 04:30 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(22-08-2020, 02:59 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Plenty of potatoes peas carrots onions and chillies, herbs are flat leaf parsley thyme, lemon thyme and rosemary, good selection of scallions
You know, I completely forgot to look at the potato aisle. When I was last in the shop. I must do that next time.
You mean me !

Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
My little shops doing well theres something on offer every day, just now its cucs, toms and beans, plus plenty of soft fruit the apples are starting to arrive Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
I went to my shop yesterday for stuff for the Sunday dinner Cool .Sunday closing hours on my shop I'm afraid. Rolleyes

PS Does anyone remember when shops used to close on Wednesday afternoon as well? Huh
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie