Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden!
Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
There will probably be some gooseberries tomorrow and some strawberries, though I think a family of mice are keeping an eye on those. Courgettes should be plentiful as well. Could be some cabbage if the slugs don't take the lot. There is the promise of lots of peas but they are a couple of weeks off yet and the rats seem to like their stems this year for sharpening their teeth. The asparagus has run out now but still a couple of onions from last year and the new crop is starting to come through. Plenty of garlic.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The Shopkeeper has shut up shop for the day.
There's a sign in the window "Closed because of flooding".
Hope its reopened tomorrow - need some raspberries and courgettes!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man

Bren Offline
I had to empty my kitchen caddy and on the way spotted the first raspberry of the season grabbing it of the shelf and popping into my mouth.
To make up for not sharing I added a few strawberries to my basket on the way back to the house just as it started raining again.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
The courgettes were a bit on the small size, the farmer needs to give them a bit of tlc. But they went in a Thai curry with the cabbage and the last of the old onions they had. A fresh garlic was cheap as well but it never seems to stock coconuts.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The shop man has promised a Beth Alpha cucumber this week, then I'll be able to join in with the big kids and tell everyone about it.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Bren Offline
JJB I’m also watching the Beth alphas one due in stock any day now. Pity there won’t be any toms but my little shop has lettuce on special offer.
There’s Plenty of parsley and basil so I used in a omelette.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Sounds good Bren. Glad I'm not alone in the Beth Alpha stakes. Hope they are as nice as every says.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Veggie

Bren Offline
They really are tasty cucs I grew them last year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My Shopkeeper puts a Beth Alpha cucumber aside for me every day. They make such a difference to my lunch with a few of the early tomatoes that are now on display.
Its a free for all in the raspberry aisle - fortunately there are plenty to go around.
Cherries are scarce this year - just one cherry on display and that was unripe.
Apparently, the cherry orchard is going to be grubbed out as the returns are so poor.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man

SarrissUK Offline
I picked up some fresh strawberries and wild strawbs today that I've diligently saved for a friend coming over on Thursday night Smile I picked up some fresh mint too for my tabbouleh dinner, and some lettuce to go with it. The shopkeeper said something about being late with tomatoes but they're flowering so that's apparently a good sign!
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Bren, Veggie