Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden!
SarrissUK Offline
My little shop has very meagre offerings, of only the tiniest bit of curly kale, carrots and Jerusalem artichokes in the ground, and some celery. Very meagre indeed.
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I've been reading about "Produce-led restaurants" where the menu is based on local, seasonal produce. Inspired by this, I popped down to the Llittle Shop at the end of the garden to see what was available for this evening's meal.
Came home with a bucket of kale leaves, lovage, apple mint and lemon balm. All of this, apart from the lemon balm ended up in a mess of greens accompanied by lemon balm tea.
The Shopkeeper is extending the shop this year but doesn't know when it will be open to the public. Trouble getting the groundworks done, apparently. You can't get the staff these days.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
A few carrots and loads of rhubarb in my wee shoppa
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Can the Man's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Even though the little shop is in complete disarray and making lots of preparations for relocating. The shop keeper is very excited to be able to offer asparagus, rhubarb and a salad leaf mix. He’s even more excited and is telling anyone that will listen that any other produce he has available later in the season will be in the new shop. He’s hoping that will be spuds, kale, chard, onions, turnips, chillies, beans, tomatoes, courgette & pumpkin.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Knotty Offline
My shop is very sparce I'm afraid just rhubarb, asparagus, leeks and brocolli but hoping for lots more stock coming soon.
Greetings from Dorset
I am always happy in the garden
[-] The following 2 users Like Knotty's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My shop keeper is on strike in sympathy with everyone else and even before that he wasn't too keen either. All he has on the shelvesl is a few kale buds and some manky carrots. He promises to do better.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Knotty, Small chilli, Veggie

Bren Offline
If you like lettuce call at my little shop, not much else just kale, chard and chives.
Only available fresh fruit is rhubarb.
Restocking will take place next month.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Good news at last. My little Shop has been stocking up on fresh produce this week. From what I hear, its not the only shop that has restocked recently.
The cucumbers and strawberries are such a pleasure after so many months of frozen fruit. Think it may be a few weeks before the tomatoes arrive though.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My little shop is still in the process of relocating. The shop keeps very excited. Got the plans of how it’s going to look pinned up and shows anyone that even slightly interested. Even though it’s not ready it’s still managing to provide a few things from the new premises. Lettuce, kale & turnips mostly and some mint. Hopefully in the not to distant future new stock of courgette & chillies will be available. Tomatoes, runner bean and pumpkin are on back order.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The shopkeeper had a funny five minutes. He thought he ordered green mangetout and only yellow ones were delivered. They're nice enough though. He told me the small supply of green ones are being held back for next years seed supplies. In another spate of randomness he ordered far too many lettuces at one time and then forgot to place an order for any subsequent deliveries of salad greens. He says it's alright because his customers don't eat a lot of lettuce. He's making wild promises of cucumbers and courgettes before the end of next week, and broad beans are already on the shelves. His customers are really appreciating the strawberries. He's a funny old bird this shopkeeper, not really on the ball.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie