Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden!
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Shopkeeper had a phone call out of the blue from a supplier saying broccoli would be available soon, would he like a delivery when it’s ready? I think he’s so excited about it he’s been telling every customer that has come in. He’s also expecting radish’s to be on the shelves this week.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Bren Offline
My shopkeeper is giving a bag of mixed lettuce with any purchase, you can't get  out the door without it.  Big Grin    On the shelves apart from lettuce are the usual chives, spring onions, radishes, chard, spinach, basil and limited strawberries.
On back order are potatoes, toms, peas and courgettes, one courgette did come in stock but that was quickly snapped up.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller

Took my shopping basket with me today to pick up a few items and came back with a lovely bunch of yellow-stickered, yellow roses - clearance stock - damaged in store.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
BREAKING NEWS!!

the shop management says there may be a delivery of one or two cucumbers tomorrow, the first delivery in ages. He advised customers to queue socially distanced and to behave nicely.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, MartinH, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The little shop is finally starting to fill up. Strawberries are so cheap at the moment. I don’t even like the things but I’m buying them at that price! All the other soft fruit has been stolen. By an unruly mob calling themselves the blackbird clan. Shelves are stocked with kale & lettuce. There’s a steady supply of broccoli, salad & herbs. The odd cucumber is starting to appear in store. Just wish the shop keeper would hire a cleaner or caretaker. It’s really very untidy at the moment. It really is difficult to find things.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
Strawberries are in short supply only a few left but luckily raspberries are replacing them, still plenty of rhubarb. Plenty of Kale, peas, courgettes and cucumbers, lettuce and chard.
News Flash Tomatoes will be here any day maybe tomorrow by the feel of them. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Shop management has maintained a steady supply of chard with the odd beetroot thrown in for luck. Notwithstanding foreign invaders the raspberry suppliers look on target for steady deliveries over the next week or so. There's a rumour that the courgettes will be supplied small this year as customers seem to prefer them that way, but that might change if the pickers aren't vigilant. The first trickle of CFBs are getting through customs with the promise of more to come but unfortunately supply has dried up of strawberries and mangetout.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
The shopkeeper was stocking up the shelves with courgettes today - I took 4, it would have been rude to leave them, although I may be sick of the sight of them soon!
He had plenty of Bijou mangetout and a few yellow DFBs that he seemed very pleased with - apparently they were free from the supplier because of the poor quality of an earlier delivery. Funny name - Sonesta or summat. Grabbed a few strawberries as I left the Shop.
Good to see regular supplies coming in now - I like to shop local wherever possible.Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
The little shop is pretty well stocked at the moment with a good selection of lettuce & salad, Cucumbers, spring onions, garlic, spuds, broccoli, carrots & strawberries. First delivery of french bean came in this week. With a promise of lots more to follow. Recently has a flash sale on raspberries. Think the shopkeeper over ordered or something. It was a very unexpected surprise. He’s also been trialling a couple of new lines with limited numbers of sweet peppers & a new variety of tomato.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Plenty of Mangetout and tomatoes in stock but, according to the Shopkeeper, the hot weather has affected supplies of beans and courgettes, soft fruit too. There must be a "Shopkeeper's Book of Excuses" -although he hasn't used the HGV Drivers or Brexit ones yet!
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli