Time to reopen the Little Shop at the end of the garden!
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Had the last delivery of asparagus this week. It didn’t stay on the shelves very long. Rhubarb is still in high demand and readily available. Think we’ll be getting our first delivery of baby carrots soon.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Homegrown rhubarb is now in stock although the deliveries from another supplier were much appreciated to bridge the gap.
A few Bijou mangetout on the shelves but most of them are being withheld from sale to guarantee supplies for next year.
Salads looked a bit past their best but the shopkeeper assured me its just a temporary blip and there will be more deliveries soon. Don't rely on him though, as he said the same about strawberries and tomatoes - he'll say anything to keep his customers coming through the door.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Shopkeeper was very proud of the one chilli he had but refused to sell it, he said it was for display purposes only. The chard on the shelves is very good but he says make the most of it, as suppliers say the spring stock is outliving it's allotted space and therefore stocks will be low until later in the season. There is the odd tomato and strawberry on the counter with a meagre supply of mangetout, all very tasty but not in huge quantities.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Bren Online
Plenty of Rhubarb, lettuce, and radishes, limited stocks of kale and chard.

So really not much in the store just promises of eventual new stock arriving.
[-] The following 5 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Has anyone else noticed how expensive everything is in the Little Shop at the moment?
It doesn't matter what I ask for, the Shopkeeper has some excuse for not supplying it - "First of the season - saving it for my "special" customers (not me!!)" or "It'll be in stock next week, come back then".
There are window displays, beautifully arranged to tempt you, but he won't sell them to anyone. Probably eats them himself when nobody's looking.Wink
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My shopkeeper is very sympathetic but he blames the management. He says they haven't got a clue about continuity of supply. He says take heart because he knows full well after the supply problems now, in a few weeks there will be glut of beans and courgettes.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’m finding my shopkeeper is preoccupied by something. Normally have to shout for assistants, because he’s out the back doing things with metal work or restoring tables. That’s if the shop is open at all. The supply is really quite pitiful. Although there is a very good supply of chive flowers. Rhubarb is still in stock. Strawberries and carrots are starting to trickle onto the shelves. That’s about it for a good few weeks from what I can tell.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Our little shop has a special counter in the poly tunnel, lots of carrots, just got a big supply of white and pink garlic, kale, cabbage, even some nice small caulis, just took delivery of some new season potatoes, lots of strawberries. Red and white spring onions, occasional supply of small rhubarb and a great supply of herbs parsley, thyme, lemon thyme, rosemary and in a few weeks there will be some sage.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 3 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Finally, the Shopkeeper has opened the fruit counter up to the public and there were some expensive raspberries in stock this morning.
When you've waited all year for that first juicy raspberry, its worth paying that little bit extra.
Managed to get hold of a handful of DFBs too so very satisfied with my shopping excursion.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Shopkeeper only had samples of raspberries and strawberries on show (not for sale) but plenty of garlic and onions. New potatoes may be available from tomorrow.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie