Best place for plants
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Nearest Morrisons is fort William. So the 2 ferries +68 miles and then back again, doesn’t make them cheap plants.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Thanks Vinny, I'll try that! I was quite gentle with mine... too gentle, clearly lol

SC, no that's true... I have a few vigorous plants - is it worth sending some cuttings up to you in the post?
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-04-2022, 08:51 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: Thanks Vinny, I'll try that! I was quite gentle with mine... too gentle, clearly lol

SC, no that's true... I have a few vigorous plants - is it worth sending some cuttings up to you in the post?
That’s very kind of you. I’d love to try some cuttings from absolutely anything  Blush . Thank you  Heart .
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

SarrissUK Offline
PM me your address - I'll wrap them up in wet paper and seal them up nicely. Who knows, it might work lol
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(20-04-2022, 10:47 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: What's your secret Mark? I've taken loads of cuttings of clematis and not a single one has worked. I've tried putting them in water, in compost, on the edge of a pot, in the middle... in sand, in gravel, nothing has worked lol
I would love to know too! I've tried so many times with clematis and had no luck!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(21-04-2022, 09:14 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: PM me your address - I'll wrap them up in wet paper and seal them up nicely. Who knows, it might work lol
PM sent . Thank you  Blush
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I want some cuttings from one at the front of the house so I have just taken three now. The leaves seem a bit stragglier than I'd like but hopefully will be OK. It was a bit difficult putting the pot in the bag so as not to disturb them.Ideally they would all be more or less above the pot, not sticking out so much.
They are now on the kitchen windowsill.
The only other things I did was to dip them in some rooting hormone, not absolutely necessary. The pot I have was bought several decades ago so don't know it still does anything.
and I inspect the leaves for greenfly.

Initial cutting                  chopped up                 In pot                     in bag

[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'll give mine a go tomorrow!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Mark_Riga

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Well I inspected the cutting I took. Some buds showing signs of developing but there was quite a severe greenfly infestation in the bag so my inspection obviously was not good enough. squished as many as I could see. No sign of roots yet.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
I would say this one with a new shoot developing is looking good now. The other 2 not so much yet so will leave in bag another week.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • JJB