2022 - Random Commercial Seed Swap
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
A Happy NG makes me Happy too. Big Grin
I'm starting to worry about Frank - he seems to be AWOL. Don't know whether Garrett's stamps were missed but at least 3 of the envelopes have arrived "intact".
Just need Sarriss's seeds to arrive and I can relax. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli

SarrissUK Offline
Mine arrived this morning! Wow, so many seeds - I have already got some sowed! Thank you so much for organising Veggie - I really appreciate your time and effort Smile
I've sowed immediately...
Cucumber Crystal apple (Garrett)
Strawberry Toscana (?) (SC)
Godetia Grandiflora (SC)
Morning Glory Granpa OTT (Garrett)
Climbing French Bean Fasold (JJB)
Mange Tout Golden Sweet (JJB)
Pea Lord Leicester (Veggie)

And I've set all Alexander Palm seeds to soak after nicking the shell of the seeds. I'm so excited to try these out!

I'll do more tomorrow on my day off. Thank you everyone!! Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Garrett, Small chilli, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Oh and Frank must be sleeping on the job here too lol
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Now that we all have our seeds, its time to talk about Lemurs and Touchwood. Big Grin

Sarris will tell us all she knows about Lemurs - like how high the climb, whether they like the heat or rain and whether they have furry coats and long tails. 

I can do Touchwood. Big Grin I've sent you all some Aquilegia seeds from the National collection at http://www.touchwoodplants.co.uk/aquilegiaseed.htm
You can look  at Touchwood's list for the variety you've received and advice on how to grow them. You all have different varieties.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Garrett Offline
(10-05-2022, 10:08 AM)Veggie Wrote: A Happy NG makes me Happy too. Big Grin
I'm starting to worry about Frank - he seems to be AWOL. Don't know whether Garrett's stamps were missed but at least 3 of the envelopes have arrived "intact".
Just need Sarriss's seeds to arrive and I can relax. Wink
Just checked my envelope and it was "intact" too. Frank must be off on a cruise.
[-] The following 2 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(10-05-2022, 02:27 PM)Veggie Wrote: Now that we all have our seeds, its time to talk about Lemurs and Touchwood. Big Grin

Sarris will tell us all she knows about Lemurs - like how high the climb, whether they like the heat or rain and whether they have furry coats and long tails. 

I can do Touchwood. Big Grin I've sent you all some Aquilegia seeds from the National collection at http://www.touchwoodplants.co.uk/aquilegiaseed.htm
You can look  at Touchwood's list for the variety you've received and advice on how to grow them. You all have different varieties.
I knew there were lots of varieties of aquilegia. But wow that’s a very impressive collection. Going to have to look at my seed packet again now and actually pay attention to which variety I have. They will be getting sown as soon as this horrible weather passes.
looking forward to Sarris explaining all about the lemur beans. Because when you google them something very disturbing comes up and I’m very pleased I don’t drink coffee ! 
now you’re confused  Big Grin
I’m assuming they’ve been miss spelled deliberately    Smile ( FYI that’s really mean to the dyslexic    Tongue Big Grin ).
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^ the freecycle fairy definitely has a mean streak Big Grin, for someone with dyslexia you cope extremely well SC. I'm off to goggle the aquilegia (PS thank goodness for auto correct, I would never have spelled aquilegia right)
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(10-05-2022, 05:15 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(10-05-2022, 02:27 PM)Veggie Wrote: Now that we all have our seeds, its time to talk about Lemurs and Touchwood. Big Grin

I knew there were lots of varieties of aquilegia. But wow that’s a very impressive collection. Going to have to look at my seed packet again now and actually pay attention to which variety I have. They will be getting sown as soon as this horrible weather passes.
looking forward to Sarris explaining all about the lemur beans. Because when you google them something very disturbing comes up and I’m very pleased I don’t drink coffee ! 
now you’re confused  Big Grin
I’m assuming they’ve been miss spelled deliberately    Smile ( FYI that’s really mean to the dyslexic    Tongue Big Grin ).
Look my aquilegia has finally germinated. I’m very excited & happy to see these little fellas appear. Only my second successful germination of any aquilegia.

Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, MartinH

Broadway Offline
Afternoon Veggie,

I'll be going thru all my seeds soon with a view of planning / replanning for next year. My guess is I will probably have a few/lot that I no longer need and therefore thought about posting them to you to share out whenever the next suitable swap happens?
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Great, Thanks Danny. They can go into the Seed Kitty ready for the next swap.
Don't forget, everyone, to save seeds for the Saved Seed swap later this year. It may include a Danny Bonus. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Small chilli