Cucumbers and more
Bren Offline
Not sown my cucs or courgettis yet will probably leave them until the end of the month.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
I have cucs and gherkins on the go at the moment - all indoors, but not on window sills because we don't have them! (The windows are flush with the inside walls with the reveal on the outside, so the sun doesn't shine in during the summer. - Today's cultural nugget of useless information Smile )
Cucs are another selection from the Kokopelli mixed packet, so I have five from -
Heiwa, Lemon, Long de Chine, Richmond Green Apple, Shintokiwa, Thai Five Star, Tendergreen Burpless, Sweet Marketmore, Dekah et Télegraphe
and will sow another five in a few weeks time. Quite looking forward to the identification game when they start fruiting!
Gherkins are Amélioré de Bourbonne this year - grew it for the first time last year and really liked it. Five plants growing now and another five in a few weeks.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Those Kokopelli mixed packets really appeal to me. Maybe I should empty all my cucumber seeds together and see what grows. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, PyreneesPlot

SarrissUK Offline
(03-04-2022, 12:37 PM)Veggie Wrote: Those Kokopelli mixed packets really appeal to me. Maybe I should empty all my cucumber seeds together and see what grows. Big Grin

Knowing you, you'd definitely have at least 35 packets, and we'd read about you in the paper - the lady in Wales that drowned in cucumbers. LOL

Why not though? I hear we're going to have a shortage of cucumbers due to the heating costs and therefore less of them grown here in the UK! You could make a mint (grow that too, for that matter!)
[-] The following 5 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
The problem with growing lots of cukes is that you can't save true seeds because they cross with each other. This year I want to grow and save seeds from Wautoma and Siberian Podarok (both RealSeeds) so they'll have to be in different GHs. I'm already growing Beth Alpha - that's another GH as it can't be with the others. Any others I grow would have to be outdoor varieties.
Out of interest, I have these Cuke seeds (O = Outdoor, I = Indoor):-
Marketmore O
Crystal Lemon/Apple O
Bedfordshire Prize O
Tamra ?
Wautoma O/I
Siberian Podarok O/I
Perfection O
Telegraph Improved I
Masterpiece O
Beth Alpha I
Delikatesse ?

Also quite a few F1 that I won't grow.

..............and then there's the Gherkins!! They're in another box. Wink
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(03-04-2022, 11:22 PM)Veggie Wrote: I'm already growing Beth Alpha...
Also quite a few F1 that I won't grow.

Isn't Beth Alpha F1?
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
^^^ Some companies say it is, others don't. I'm growing some this year from saved seeds so we'll see.
I grow Franchi https://seedsofitaly.com/gherkin-beth-al...escription as I trust them to call it what it is - unlike some of the big companies who whack F1 onto the name so they can inflate the price and reduce the contents.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Moth