Flatworms
Spec Offline
Was refitting part of a wooden edging path which surrounds the rear grass, I had placed several newspapers in the area where the path sits, as I needed to clear some soil out from the area, I was lifting the papers and discovered 3 flatworms below the paper, I thought I had got rid of this pest, as while doing other work I came across lots of worms, the paths surround the flower beds and the worms I mentioned were in the veg beds, though diffrent areas the garden isn't that big, so still inclined to think the addition of seaweed makes a difference as the veg beds had seaweed placed over them where the flower beds didn't, so think I will be collecting some seaweed tomorrow.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Do you think they were attracted to the newspaper and, if so, is it worth laying more down to attract them?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Spec Offline
(27-02-2022, 08:44 PM)Veggie Wrote: Do you think they were attracted to the newspaper and, if so, is it worth laying more down to attract them?

I think the fact that below the newspaper it dark and damp would bring them to it, one way of catching them is to soak an area then cover with black plastic, so the similarities would mean that they would use it, I intend to use a wet newspaper from now on, if it happens to get blown away it would cause less damage
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Spec Offline
I now have newspapers down in several areas of the flower bed, possibly I should have noted what paper went where, just incase the flatworms are fussy about what they readRolleyes Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
How about the Daily Snail?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Can the Man, SarrissUK, Spec, Vinny