Nesting birds
Admin Offline
The Boss
I ventured over the allotments today and sat and watched a pair of great tits measuring one of my three nest boxes, must have flown in and out a dozen times, no nest building materials being carried yet.

Last year I had two occupied by great tits and the other by a pair of blue tits.  I love watching them.
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 9 users Like Admin's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My bug hotel has been high jacked by ??
I think a wren.

Most of the bug hotel material fell out over the winter. Turns out the only thing holding the fence post up the hotel is attached to is the chicken fencing. 

So I’ll be tying the post back to a tree. Don’t want it moving again if (when )we have strong winds and have the nest fall out.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Moth, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
We seem to have blackbirds in the most exposed shrubs this year, one right beside the path. Hopefully she'll stop leaving the nest everytime i whhel the barrow along there because there is no other route.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Mrs Flatly the blue tit is still remodelling the nest box, or then again it might be a new incumbent, I wish birds had numbers on them like trains - think what fun P would have then. Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, SarrissUK, Small chilli, Veggie