What's your favourite........
JJB Online
Moonraker
I like lolly sticks for labels for plants that I know I'm likely to give away.  I'm lucky I have a ready source of Magnum sticks from a pal who eats one every day (Magnum not stick Big Grin)
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I like knives. I've a few pen knives, a scalpel but I mostly use a bright blue handled thing - cos it's easily spotted in amongst my mess.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I use one of those skinny little green plant support canes. With a point on the end. Or the even skinnier bamboo skewers. which aren’t quite right for my liking, just to skinny.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(11-02-2022, 12:06 PM)Veggie Wrote: Jen, Is this the one you have https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-widger.../p/0513160
I’ve got one of those too.
i think mine was a freebie sellotaped to a Gardening magazine back in the mists of time.
[-] The following 2 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(11-02-2022, 12:06 PM)Veggie Wrote: Jen, Is this the one you have https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-widger.../p/0513160
I’ve got those as well. Hate them for the job they’re intended for. I do use the little shovel for removing compost from a multi celled tray that I can’t tip upside down. 
I use the little green cane as that’s what I was taught to use when I worked in the wild flower nursery and was pricking out hundreds of seedling a day.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/paint-palet...gLIgfD_BwE

I use the above....cheap as chips and work very well
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin's post:
  • JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Bren Offline
(11-02-2022, 06:02 PM)SarrissUK Wrote: A teaspoon! The spoon end for lifting roots clumbs out of seed trays, and the handle for picking up tiny seeds with. The back of the handle is slightly indented which makes it very useful for those teeny, tiny seeds that would be difficult to sow in 2s or 3s without the precision of that handle.

I've got loads of other widgets for those jobs, but I always go back to the spoon.

I also use a spoon then I've got a soup spoon thats handy for filling loo  rolls with compost.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
(12-02-2022, 10:19 AM)Admin Wrote: https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/paint-palet...gLIgfD_BwE

I use the above....cheap as chips and work very well

Oooh! I like those Boss, I'm sure I can find a purpose for them. I'll look in the shop, thanks.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Online
Moonraker
I suppose we could extend the remit of this thread to ask what household/unusual item you find a different use for in the garden, unless I get told we've done that one to death elsewhere Big Grin kebab sticks and spoons predominate I think.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

MartinH Offline
I have a stainless steel widger that I use whenever I can find it. The rest of the time, i.e. mostly, I use a stick.
[-] The following 2 users Like MartinH's post:
  • JJB, Veggie