Am I the only one............
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(10-02-2022, 12:29 PM)Scarlet Wrote: OMG that would drive me nuts...,I couldn't wait to get rid of the trampoline!
............but you'd be happy with all the rest. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 5 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I get away with some clutter but I'm afraid there would be divorce if I collected like you, but P does side with SC, he says he has hinges, all sorts of hardware and electrical bits. They, of course, are not clutter! I admit they are all in labeled boxes tidily on shelves ( there is such a thing as being too anal Smile )

Having said that, who spent most of the day yesterday searching for a particular configuration of computer cable? Neither of us have found it yet either. It wasn't in the cable box!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Norfolk Grey, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
BUT its not clutter if it has a use! The trampoline frame is a seat around an oak tree, the baby gates are fencing around veg beds as will be the fireguards. The baby baths are planters for carrots, the trolley for strawberries.
One year, I used the metal base of a single bed as a raised bed. There was a mesh support for the mattress (which I didn't have) and it was perfect for supporting soil, off ground - that was strawberries too. The mesh is now part of a fence.
The playhouse is the chicken's holiday home - they're in there now.Big Grin
Why spend money on new, overpriced stuff when you can repurpose junk?
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I admit you're right. I'm still using our old freezer trays/boxes in the garden they're very useful, and I'm hoping to steal the old climbing frame from P to support trombas, just to name a few.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
YES!  Rolleyes

Veggie............. aka Albert Steptoe! Tongue Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My Dad's name was Albert. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(10-02-2022, 03:07 PM)Veggie Wrote: My Dad's name was Albert. Big Grin
There you go then..........you are halfway there. Rolleyes

I remember having a brawl in the schoolyard with someone as a yougun! The 'rag and bone' man was shouting in the street near by and this dosser, for want of a better word, said " Oh listen, its Vinny's Dad"  I saw red and  just lept on him! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
My grandfather, on my Mum's side, had a sideline in rubbish. He'd go around the back lanes on rubbish day, lifting the lids on the bins to see if he could use any of it. His favourites were old bikes (as he'd remake them into a bike that the local kids, who had very little, could have). He also liked handbags!! No really. He repaired shoes in his shed. If he heeled a pair of ladies blue shoes, when they came to collect them he'd say that he had a nice handbag that would match and she could have it for a couple of bob. Try as I might, I could never get him to understand that a handbag needed to have a strap that matched, not one that was a completely different colour from some random bag he's found.
I think I picked up most of my "talents" from him. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Strange the relatives we have. My dad was a skip diver, he couldn't pass any skip without ferreting inside to see what he could make use of. I think its a generational thing, a lot of our oldies grew up or lived through the war years of make do and mend. On that subject it broke my heart today to throw away a hardly used older breadmaker that blew the house fuses because of a blown element. We managed to dismantle it and diagnose the fault but couldn't find a source for a spare element which P would have repaired it with. We (except Veggie) live in a throwaway world. Sad
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I feel I must make it clear that I did not grow up in the war years - I wasn't even a twinkle then!
However, I'm sure you're right about the generational thing, Post war there was very little to buy, it was a time before electronic gadgets, mass advertising and the apparent need to replace something every time a new model comes out. Also, things were made to last or be easily repairable. Now, its a throwaway society, sadly, despite the best efforts of P and others like him.
Perhaps, with the cost of everything going up by the day and resources running out, people will realise that you can't keep buying new.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli