2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired
Farendwoman Offline
My Lidl mixed sweet peas germinated in less than a week. A bit different to the expensive named varieties I bought from Dobies and T&M.
Very few germinated and most of them rotted away.
[-] The following 5 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
The seed swap sweet peas I sowed all popped. Some over wintered ones got clobbered. Maybe next year I'll wait till spring to sow.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Garrett, Scarlet, Veggie

Garrett Offline
A "Patriot" blueberry from Lidl. I was pleased to see this in the shop today as it's a different variety to the others I already have. 

I wasn't tempted by anything else. They had red and blackcurrants but I'm really looking for a white currant next.
[-] The following 5 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
My Plants of Distinction order arrived. First impressions aren't fantastic: the actual seed packets aren't labelled which makes me wonder about the potential for them to have got mixed up at their end before going in the labelled envelopes, not to mention the very significant risk I now face of me mixing them up at my end! The seed envelopes are generic and they just add a label with the seed name and use by dates, so the growing instructions are very limited on the packet (no sowing dates). The recommended germination temperatures are given in Fahrenheit only (always a bit of a red flag that a company may have political views in keeping with The Sun or Daily Mail). I don't mind Googling sowing instruction (their website has much more detail) but it is a bit of a pain to do for everything.

Let's see if I get good germination rates. If so, most of these things are forgivable! If not, they can be added to the naughty list along with all the T&M family and Sarah Raven
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 4 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I spent 99p on a packet of Butternut Butterfly Squash seeds from Mr F on a free P&P deal - and received 3 packets of Free seeds - lettuce Crisp Mint, Tomato Alfresco & Carmine King California poppies.
They also sent a 20% off code for my next order valid until 31/12/23. That means that I can order a packet for about 80p and get more free seeds. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, Proserpina, Small chilli

toomanytommytoes Offline
(31-03-2023, 08:33 PM)Veggie Wrote: I spent 99p on a packet of Butternut Butterfly Squash seeds from Mr F on a free P&P deal - and received 3 packets of Free seeds - lettuce Crisp Mint, Tomato Alfresco & Carmine King California poppies.
They also sent a 20% off code for my next order valid until 31/12/23. That means that I can order a packet for about 80p and get more free seeds. Big Grin
I got the Alfresco tomato with my last Mr F order. Can't find any information about it online. Presumably it's either unreleased or they've given it a different name.
[-] The following 2 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Surprisingly my white snowball onions hae survied the winter better than all the others. With this in mind I have just added to my onion mountain by buying 50 white snowball onion sets online. Thee will go with the 100 sturon sets I bought from poundland and the 200 mixed sets I bought from B&M.

With the multitude of autumn planted Japanese onions already growing, that should keep me self sufficient for the third year running. Cool
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I bought a jar of slow release fertiliser granules for the DIY compost from tesco, merely as it was reduced for club card people. Don't think it will last long though must source something else perhaps.
Greetings from Salisbury

Farendwoman Offline
Is that the same sort of stuff as Growmore granules?

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(08-04-2023, 09:56 AM)Farendwoman Wrote: Is that the same sort of stuff as Growmore granules?

Don't know,  its this, not organic though would BFB do just as well?

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/pr.../310130781
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Farendwoman