2022/23 - Seeds & Stuff I've ordered/bought/acquired
JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-11-2022, 04:33 PM)Veggie Wrote: That's another company getting a Thumbs down.
There aren't many Parthenon stockists at the moment. They seem to have moved on to "Sure Thing" which is also Parthenocarpic. Cheapest I've found so far is JustSeed - haven't bought any yet.

Try Kings Seeds they have Partenon (no H) also parthenocarpic
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Thanks Jen. Trouble is, there are only 4 seeds for £1.30 and P&P is £1 75. I'd need at least 2 packets = £4.35,
Or do I gamble on "Sure thing" and buy 30 seeds from Just Seed for £5 (incl P&P).
or do I wait and hope that another stockist will appear?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

JJB Offline
Moonraker
That is a bit steep for so few seeds, I didn't look that deeply, justlatched onto the name. I grew Sure Thing this last year and wasn't impressed but I had a bad courgette year. I might try again next season.
Greetings from Salisbury

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-11-2022, 04:40 PM)JJB Wrote:
(14-11-2022, 04:30 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(14-11-2022, 03:59 PM)JJB Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 12:37 PM)JJB Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 11:37 AM)Veggie Wrote: Where did you find Parthenon seeds. Jen? I'm panicking that I won't have any for next year!

Seed megastore, but they've not yet arrived so I'm not counting my chickens yet. I've not bought from them before.
https://seedmegastore.co.uk/courgette-f1-parthenon/
Chiltern have them listed but out of stock

Seedmagastore have let me down, should've known.  Ordered on 1st Nov, supposedly shipped on 3rd, now on 14th when I ask when I can expect delivery they say they will replace but parthenon is out of stock. I'm tempted to cancel whole order out of pique.
Just had a look at reviews for seed megastore. They’re not great! A lot like you not received order. Then being told what they ordered wasn’t available. Sounds a little suspect to me.

I agree, lesson learnt.  I told them to replace parthenon with more expensive  variety and re-despatch.  They won't like that.  Watch this space.

Seedmegastore have said they have re-despatched my order with the more expensive courgette and should get it by Thursday,  once again, we shall see.  Fingers crossed the original order might arrive eventually.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
SeedMegaStore were pretty good the first few times I ordered from them, unfortunately it's been downhill ever since. Three packets of onions have had naff germination rates, so in my opinion the seed is old. They also don't tell you beforehand that some of the seed is treated. Then they sent me the wrong French bean and never replied to my complaint.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Acquired 3 cuttings of Taunton Deane perennial kale in exchange for 3 cuttings of my unnamed perennial kale. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Proserpina, Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’ve just ordered seeds from chiltern seeds on their Black Friday deal with my harvest festival winnings (and a little bit more)   Cool . 
Scabiosa stellata, 'Sternkugel' (for cottage garden & cutting patch)
Lathyrus odoratus, Speciality Mixtures, 'Mammoth' Mixed (for cottage garden & cutting patch)
Salvia nutans (Christmas present)
Bean, Climbing French, 'Barlotto Lingua di Fuoco 2' (always wanted to try these)
Kohlrabi, 'Delicacy Purple' (never grown)
Alstroemeria, 'Ligtu Hybrids' (for cottage garden & cutting patch)
Digitalis, Species and Cultivars Mixed (cottage garden & on the front bank) 
Flower Sprout (or Kalette) (Grown once before real liked them)
Celosia cristata, 'Bombay' Series, 'Bombay Bronze' ( in the tunnel for cutting)
Cephalaphora aromatica, 'Pineapples' (cutting patch)
Humulus lupulus (fro growing on the veggie garden fence)
Echium hybrid, 'Snow Tower' (cottage garden) 
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, SarrissUK, Veggie

Garrett Offline
Popped into the garden centre and picked up some Garcua garlic which was reduced by 50%. I'll try to plant it over the weekend. No promises though
[-] The following 4 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Farendwoman, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I got wood chip.

The electric high line boys came and took down a sycamore a couple of weeks ago. Today they came back to chip the branches because there chipper was finally fixed again. we kept the truck in one piece.

Not a lot of chip from a 25ft tree. ( a Bob for size comparison)

While the boys were here they asked if there was anywhere they could dump a transit tipper load of wood chip. As they had an unexpectedly filled their truck. So obviously I let them dump it here  Big Grin

(A Bob for size comparison)
[-] The following 7 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Garrett, JJB, SarrissUK, toomanytommytoes, Veggie, Vinny

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
My day trip off island ended in Morrisons. I got 2 chrysanthemum (1 pink, 1 white) for 13p each. And a mini rose for 20p
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Farendwoman, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie