The Moneyless Chicken
Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Of course, I can, I make the Rules Wink Its £7 a week - any "savings" go into my virtual Chicky bank for a special occasion. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(01-08-2022, 08:50 PM)Veggie Wrote: The Moneyless Chicken is going to spend £1 a day on food - that's the plan - and that's for all meals, snacks and drinks.
So far today, I've "spent" 45p and most of that was on a icecream.
This might be of interest to you veggie? Huh

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/1...SEG_PNC%5D
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Thanks Vinnie Big Grin Not sure I can "afford" £1 a meal though - I'd have to join your OMAD thingy. !!

EDIT - I looked at some of the recipes and they cost has been updated to March 2022. The ones I looked at were £3+ ...........so definitely out of my price range unless I went to TMAW (Two meals a week). Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Vinny Offline
(02-08-2022, 10:27 AM)Veggie Wrote: Thanks Vinnie Big Grin Not sure I can "afford" £1 a meal though - I'd have to join your OMAD thingy. !!

EDIT - I looked at some of the recipes and they cost has been updated to March 2022. The ones I looked at were £3+ ...........so definitely out of my price range unless I went to TMAW (Two meals a week). Big Grin
The sneakcy whatchamacallits! Rolleyes Grab peoples attention with a £1.00 a meal headline then update it to two or three times that amount when you click on the recipe! What a swizz! Sick
Still, a few interesting recipes there though for a  'NOT on a pound a day' budget!  Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(14-01-2022, 07:54 PM)Veggie Wrote: The Moneyless Chicken broke into the Egg Bank today and withdrew £14.99 to take up a very special LIDL offer on tuna fish. https://www.lidl.co.uk/p/xxl/nixe-tuna-case/p49194
48 tins of Tuna for £14.99 or 31.2p a tin - about half price.
Tuna is so versatile - in sandwiches, salad, jacket potatoes,fishcakes, pasta, stirfry etc. Those 48 tins will be one meal a week for nearly a year. Not bad for £14.99. Big Grin
Lidl have this offer again but its gone up by £3 to £16.99 for 48 tins. Still cheap but glad I invested in January.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
The Moneyless Chicken is going a step further this year - for January anyway! I'm not going to buy any food this month but live on Freebies and whatever's in the cupboard & freezer. If there's still a lot of stores left I'll rethink it for February.

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Does that include consumables too V? Toilet rolls, toothpaste etc? I'd have thought you were already eating freebies most of the time.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
They're necessities and rarely offered free - so I can buy those if I run out. Also coffee, sugar, butter and dog food, but I think I have enough of everything. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Vinny Offline
(02-01-2023, 10:57 AM)Veggie Wrote: They're necessities and rarely offered free - so I can buy those if I run out. Also coffee, sugar, butter and dog food, but  I think I have enough of everything. Big Grin
Don't think I would fancy 'used' toilet paper anyway! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Apparently, the ultimate economy is using both sides of the toilet paper. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB