2022 - What I sowed today
MartinH Offline
Today I sowed Primula bulleyana (Bulley's Primrose) and Primula florindae (Tibetan Cowslip).
I've not grown either of these before. Fingers crossed they germinate!
[-] The following 5 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
Will be very interested to hear how these do Martin.
Haven’t tried these either - but could be tempted!
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, MartinH, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I've sown some black seeded simpson lettuce using the kitchen towel/bag method.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 5 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I had some 2015 seed of tomato brandywine from a seed swap. They failed for me last year so I sowed the last two today, I've not got great hopes.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
Sowed a few more onions just in case. Bedfordshire champions. They grew big last year, taste good and seem to be keeping well. Also some sweet peppers, self saved King of the North that I was checking for germination. They germinated so thought I might as well pot them up rather than bin them. Will sow a few more later.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, Garrett, JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

MartinH Offline
Today I sowed some kohl rabi in modules. I don't usually start this early, but it will be interesting to see if I can get an early crop as a result.
[-] The following 3 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Broadway, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

Garrett Offline
Sowed JJB's tomato veranda red. I'm curious about this one as the seed companies can't seem to decide whether it's open pollinated or a F1 hybrid.

I had a little space in the propagator so thought I'd try some and see what I get! Hopefully it's small enough to live on the windowsill until things warm up.
[-] The following 4 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, toomanytommytoes, Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
Lots of stuff over the last few days...sweet peppers, chillies, early tomatoes, carrots in pots, pak choi, mizuna, radish, turnips, spinach, beetroot, spring onions, bulb onions, leeks, calabrese, sprouts (for leaves), kohlrabi, leaf lettuce, cos lettuce, kailaan, coriander, parsley.
[-] The following 6 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Garrett, Proserpina, Scarlet, Veggie

MartinH Offline
Today I sowed some Scabiosa cretica and Rodgersia pinnata. I don't know where I'm going to put all these flowering plants I've started, if they all grow!

Yesterday I potted on some mixed Aquilegia seedlings that have been in small modules since late summer. That's 48 plants to find a home for already.
[-] The following 3 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Broadway, Norfolk Grey, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Some jalapeno pepper seeds have been added to the propagator. It's not the warmest propagator, but it's worked for chilli seeds before so I've got my fingers crossed.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself. Even with a greenhouse for the first time and lots of south-facing windows, it's still too early for most things here. Still, I think there will be quite a lot quietly germinating by the end of the month Big Grin
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 5 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, MartinH, Norfolk Grey, Scarlet, Veggie