2022 - What I did today
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Planted out most of the free spuds I received for 6 courgette seedlings.
I'm trying to avoid the usual slug problems by planting them in 30 ltr pots but they take a lot of compost and I'm not prepared to buy fresh compost for spuds. It would be cheaper to buy the spuds from the shop. I've half-filled the pots with Mr Greedy compost and topped it up with grass cuttings and haylage. Some of the spuds have gone into neat haylage in a big, raised-bed like cube sitting on soil. Not sure whether this will work!
The rain came before I could find a home for the last 6 spuds. Tomorrow, maybe. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot

Farendwoman Offline
All my clary seedlings have curled up and died - yet while I was out there ho ho hoeing today I spotted at least a dozen self sown seedlings from last year. Crazy isn’t it!
Was tempted to pot them up, but then thought they’re probably better off staying where they are.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, Garrett, Veggie

Bren Offline
Planted a couple of Beth alpha cucs into my GH border the third one will be going in a pot.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Finished the mass water and mulch, and then decided to move ALL the seed trays and young plants in pots into the garage (it has a window) to avoid the heat while we're away.
Replanted an aubergine that found itself on top of a mole hill!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 3 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
Other than receiving/shifting the compost, I haven't been at all productive today. We've had the interim (pending the inquest) death certificate through for my Grandma, so I have had a conversation about what the currently proposed cause of death means with my Mum. It would probably make me feel better to do some gardening, but I'm just not really in the mood to get going. I think I've been putting up a front at work, so suddenly hitting a day off has got me all contemplative and worn out.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 2 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Bren Offline
Planted Blauhilde fcb then some land cress and a mini bell tom into its final pot.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:

Garrett Offline
Did some weeding - lots of weeding lately!
Planted out some Karma Choc dahlias I've had growing in pots in recent years, I like these as they have dark leaves which the slugs tend to leave alone and the stems are sturdy so they don't require staking. Highly recommended.
Planted out the Tasty King and Crystal Apple cucumbers, they were getting too tall for their pots.
[-] The following 4 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Proserpina, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
(19-05-2022, 03:52 PM)Proserpina Wrote: Other than receiving/shifting the compost, I haven't been at all productive today. We've had the interim (pending the inquest) death certificate through for my Grandma, so I have had a conversation about what the currently proposed cause of death means with my Mum. It would probably make me feel better to do some gardening, but I'm just not really in the mood to get going. I think I've been putting up a front at work, so suddenly hitting a day off has got me all contemplative and worn out.

You're grieving and it's all completely normal. Look after yourself and do what feels right at the time.
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:

Broadway Offline
Started ferrying manure, soil, grass clippings, and leaves from plot to home to fill my planter at home. It holds 350litres and will house my tomatoes and cucumbers, hopefully!

Will also use 100litres of shop compost as its its first year.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Garrett Offline
More planting out:
Gazania "Sunshine" mix
Nicotiana Sylvestris
Dahlia "Bishop's Children"
Sunflowers mixed and giant
Courgettes
Gigantes beans
Tomatoes "Northern Lights" & "Orange Jazz"