2022 - What I did today
SarrissUK Offline
I got up when I'd had enough sleep (which today apparently was 9.30am), had my breakfast and out the door to visit a Gardening open day in Barton. It's in a lovely spot, almost underneath the bridge.
I bought a punnet of strawberry plants, a eucalyptus gunnii and some geraniums of various kinds.
Went to pick up the teenager and took our friends to the pub and had a lovely meal. She's south african and constantly hilarious and her hubby. We had a lovely day, and agreed to have a barbeque and afternoon tea to celebrate the Queen's jubilee. I'm making the lemon swiss roll and amaretti trifle.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lemon..._and_42467

When I got home I potted up the bougainvilleas I bought for Jay the other day, and put them in the conservatory, and took cuttings of my salvia hot lips for Taryn (my south african friend) and watered stuff in the front garden. I was going to cut the grass, but it started raining. What a lovely weekend Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Earthed up my spuds. Dug up the mixed daffodils from the front garden that I want to take to my new garden. Filled that gap with some other daffodils. Potted up a couple more beans that had chitted .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 4 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Planting out continues despite the heat as we're away from mid week and nothing will survive in pots. Aubergines, peppers, pumpkin (replacing a voled one) & chard will all have to take their chances in the big wide world from today!
Supervised & assisted MrPP building the tomato frame and also built a frame for melons to scramble over.
Potted on some gherkins.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I planted my new Turkish fig tree into a large self watering pot. Potted on 4 cucumber plants grown from seed. Planted out 2 different types of cabbage plants, weeded and fed my strawberries and surrounded them with a new slug repellent and nutrients, dried seaweed apparently the slugs and snails don’t like the texture and it also feeds the soil. Since I sowed my strawberries outside this year instead of the tunnel and I’ve been regularly feeding them seaweed they have taken off. I planted out 4 beetroot as that was all that germinated out of 10.
I then did a rescue mission on the patio plants that needed a good watering decided to give them a seaweed feed as well, both liquid and solid. My patio raised bed needs more soil and compost added as it has sunk since I put it in 2 years ago, but I will need to like my daffs as they will be to deep if I just put soil on top.
Watered and fed my ericaceous bed of blueberries pink lemonade blueberries and cranberries.
Set new seeds for cabbage, red kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli, in modules in the tunnel, outside in a raised bed I sowed swede and red spring onion seeds.
Sowed late season carrots in the tunnel.
I think that’s all, I was exhausted after all that, so had a shower and caught up on today’s rugby and highlights of yesterday’s.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 6 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Farendwoman, Garrett, JJB, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Long working day today, from home, not trawling the wards of the hospital, thank goodness... then I had to go pick up some chicken pellets, so grabbed some cat and dog food while I was there. Aldi is not far away from there, so I nipped in and got some geraniums that we got tipped off about on our gardening trip yesterday.
After dinner, we went out and mowed half the lawn. The other half will be done tomorrow.
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Proserpina

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Finished the bulk of the planting out - 40 tomatoes, another 8 peppers, a couple of jalapeños and an ancho chilli, half a dozen melons, and five more aubergines plus a load of basil.
Packed away the blow away and put up a shade sail to give some shelter to the plants who are too young to be planted out.
Managed to get almost all the pots into trays so at least I can leave them sitting in water when we leave.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 2 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Garrett, Mark_Riga

Farendwoman Offline
(15-05-2022, 03:53 PM)Garrett Wrote: Potted up some Tall Scotch marigolds and giant sunflowers.
Planted out the container tomatoes.
Planted the dwarf Yellow Pygmy sunflowers in some rectangular planters.
Trying again with my reply …..is that the stripy marigolds, Garrett?
my seed failed this year so I’ve had to use Jolly Jester instead.hoping they’ll be good enough!

Garrett Offline
(16-05-2022, 10:07 PM)Farendwoman Wrote:
(15-05-2022, 03:53 PM)Garrett Wrote: Potted up some Tall Scotch marigolds and giant sunflowers.
Planted out the container tomatoes.
Planted the dwarf Yellow Pygmy sunflowers in some rectangular planters.
Trying again with my reply …..is that the stripy marigolds, Garrett?
my seed failed this year so I’ve had to use Jolly Jester instead.hoping they’ll be good enough!
Yes, they're the stripey ones, I got them from Mr Fothergills. I remember sowing a packet of mixed marigolds ("disco" mix I think) and really liking the tall stripey one much more than any of the others so I'm just growing this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Garrett's post:
  • Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Finished replanting the bulbs I dug up, into fish boxes. Ready to move home.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 5 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Garrett, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Garrett Offline
Planted out some salad crops:

Little Gem lettuce
Rainbow mix chard
America spinach
Lilia purple spring onion

I'll be picking the leaf crops as baby leaves for salads and not letting them grow to maturity.

Planted out various begonias into ceramic pots to brighten up a shady spot near the kitchen door.
[-] The following 2 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie