2022 - What I did today
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Great news about the "crane"! that'll save you some trips. Big Grin You might get a free pallet too. Ask them if they have any spare ones on the lorry. Wink
All my seedlings are in the GH apart from some DFBs which are in tubs outdoors.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina

Bren Offline
Planted out my kales under the brassica cage. Gave away the last couple of toms.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
All I did was work today. Cleaning my 3 normal houses. 2 little ones that sleep 2, the big one that sleeps 10 and helped clean a 4th house that sleeps 12. I don’t clean any of these alone. I have help. It’s my Friday house that sleeps 8 , I clean alone.
Just sitting here having a beer ( while bob cooks tea ) working out exactly what I’ve done. I’ve made 10 beds ( only 2 were nice easy singles ). Cleaned 3 kitchens, 1 bathroom. dusted , hoovered & mopped I’ve lost count. And filled & emptied many many washing machines & dryers. Folded lots of towels and placed on beds. Luckily the 2 big houses weren’t full this week.
I did have time to pick a couple of strawberries.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 6 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I feel tired just thinking about cleaning one house, never mind 4.!!
A couple of days ago I was given 4 pots of plants so I've been sorting those out. A little bit of advice to anyone buying pots - don't buy the ones that bulge at the sides because the roots fill up the bulges and its impossible to remove the plants without damaging them. One had a small conifer that I would have liked to give away but couldn't get it out in one piece - so Its been butchered and chucked in the green waste bin.
Another pot was supposed to contain Rosemary and Chives - the chives were actually that horrible sedge grass that spreads everywhere. Wouldn't want that in my egg sandwich!! Emptied the pot, put the grass in the bin and planted the rosemary in the garden.
The other 2 pots had lavender that hadn't been pruned for a long time!! So did the deed and cut it back to new growth.
Dug up lots of campion and buttercups that are encroaching on the paths,
Cleaned out the chook house.
Cut back the Bijou mangetout in the GH leaving only the pods to dry for seed.
Must start some more plants to grow outdoors.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Small chilli

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Got up at the crack of sparrow to be near the head of the line at the GP's office as he only operates walk-in clinics, only to find that he no longer does Saturdays. Very irritating as I don't have a car during the week at the moment. Too much clobber going on the bike, but I have no choice. He now works 8-10 & 1.30-4, impossible for working people.
Sorted out the tomatoes, chilies etc for planting out. Many of the stagnating seedlings are still tiny (but growing) but with the high temperatures they're suffering in pots. The ground beneath the mulch is moist and they'll do better there.
Began with the first batch of aubergines, peppers and chillies.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 4 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
Didn’t do any gardening other than opening and closing the doors on the poly tunnel. Instead I went to see my team Leinster Rugby win the first of the Heineken Cup semifinals to progress to the finals. We had a 40-17 win over the mighty Stade Toulouse from France, last years champions.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 5 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Proserpina, Small chilli, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-05-2022, 07:34 PM)Small chilli Wrote: All I did was work today. Cleaning my 3 normal houses. 2 little ones that sleep 2, the big one that sleeps 10 and helped clean a 4th house that sleeps 12. I don’t clean any of these alone. I have help. It’s my Friday house that sleeps 8 , I clean alone. 
Just sitting here having a beer ( while bob cooks tea ) working out exactly what I’ve done. I’ve made 10 beds ( only 2 were nice easy singles ). Cleaned 3 kitchens, 1 bathroom.  dusted , hoovered & mopped I’ve lost count. And filled & emptied many many washing machines & dryers. Folded lots of towels and placed on beds.  Luckily the 2 big houses weren’t full this week.
I did have time to pick a couple of strawberries.

Sound like hell, except for the beer and strawberries Big Grin  hope the ownrs and guests appreciate you. Give me weeding any day.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Proserpina, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Planted out some trombas and CFB. Tried to clear at least one gh border for toms and failed, helped P fix next door's outside light that, of course, failed when she was expecting paramedic in the middle of the night.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Proserpina, Small chilli

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Hooked up the hosepipe and gave all my potted fruit trees and flower pots a darn good soaking. I could tell some of the large pots wre desperate for water as leaves were beginning to wilt and as water went in bubbles came up throug hthe soil. Hopefully I have caught them all in time! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Garrett Offline
Potted up some Tall Scotch marigolds and giant sunflowers.
Planted out the container tomatoes.
Planted the dwarf Yellow Pygmy sunflowers in some rectangular planters.
[-] The following 5 users Like Garrett's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie