2022 - What I did today
MartinH Offline
It rained on and off all day, so I couldn't get anything done outside.
So I got a tin of primer and painted four sections of picket fence destined to divide our front garden from next door's. It's a fiddly job so I've been putting it off, but I need to get the fence up before spring so I can plant roses next to it.
[-] The following 3 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Roitelet Offline
Finally finished cutting down all the herbaceous plants and did a bit of pruning. Just got to get rid of all the cuttings now!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like Roitelet's post:

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Lovely sunny morning - could feel the warmth in the sun - so I "inspected" the garden.
The elephant garlic and perennial leeks are shooting - and baby leaves on the rhubarb. Daff leaves appearing everywhere, flowers on a prostrate rosemary.
Watered the GHs and left the doors open for a while.
Took 3 rooted cuttings off an orchid. Need to find the best way to pot them up now.
Cooled off in the afternoon so I went out and picked up a freebie tub of wild bird seed then into Morries for a yellow sticker hunt. Shelves looking bare - no sugar, only one packet of my favourite cheap coffee on the shelf - plenty of Easter Eggs though !!
There were about a dozen Gardening books on the charity book stand and, amazingly, I didn't buy any. Being strong. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
As the weather was sunny, I decided it was a good day to plant out my Christmas present, 4 each of hornbeam, downy birch and beech. Added in 5 oak grown from acorns. I was helped, with the first one by my grandson but he went off then to do cookery with his granny, ginger biscuits. The place I planted them already had several self seeded oaks, damson and hawthorn. The instructions said to keep them weeded for the first few years but they will have to fend for themselves. I may water them if we get a prolonged dry spell this year.
[-] The following 5 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, SarrissUK, Scarlet, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Potted some new bulbs into 4 pots.

Relooked for the capillary matting I couldn't find the other day. Found it where I'd already looked! Cut a portion and now on the windowsill propagator housing my perennial kale cuttings.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Not much as I had to do a few errands - including going to the vets with the dogs. The old one has a bad leg - X-rays needed. Not what I wanted at this time of year.

Anyway - the only garden thing I did was set several mouse traps - I'm really getting hammered with them. I left some bulbs high up on a shelf in my outside toilet - yes, we still have one of those - anyway, I went to pot those up and they've eaten nearly 30 Sad
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:

SarrissUK Offline
There's lots of mice around here too, or at least lots of dead ones that the cats are bringing back. Good kittys Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

MartinH Offline
Today I sowed some more lettuce - the last lot got hit by frost - and potted up a Dahlia tuber in the hope of getting some cuttings off it.
[-] The following 4 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Nothing gardening today, I'm off on an outing of retail therapy with my pal, we should have been three but our third has had covid in the family so we're giving her a wide berth. Not likely to buy anything but we enjoy window shopping and people watching.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
(11-01-2022, 10:01 AM)JJB Wrote: Nothing gardening today, I'm off on an outing of retail therapy with my pal, we should have been three but our third has had covid in the family so we're giving her a wide berth. Not likely to buy anything but we enjoy window shopping and people watching.

You need to be careful while you are out, your memory seems to be a bit short today. You just:

(11-01-2022, 09:54 AM)JJB Wrote: Sowed each variety in 3" pots ready for growlights when they pop. I'm vaguely hoping they won't all germinate Smile

4 x veranda red
1 x vilma (all I had left)
4 x tumbling Tom red
4 x tumbling junior that's supposed to be yellow, but I seem to remember last year came out red
9 x red robin
And some of SC's strawberry seeds which came out of stratification
[-] The following 3 users Like Mark_Riga's post: