2022 - What I did today
JJB Offline
Moonraker
#1,381
Baking and gallivanting yesterday, today errands in the pouring rain, not looking forward to it. Sad
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
#1,382
I covered an area with weed suppressant and cardboard. I don't often do this. I was going to sow some onions as well but it went dark.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
#1,383
A potting up day today, 19 strawberry runners, 6 big onions for saving seeds next winter and 2 shallots that have been hanging round the kitchen for over 12 months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mark_Riga's post:
  • Veggie

toomanytommytoes Offline
#1,384
I've been building some new compost bins out of stock fencing and chicken wire. The wooden compost bins have rotted quite badly and there was a rat living in the space between them and the garden wall. It had gnawed holes in the rotting wood, made a tunnel through one compost bin to the other, and had moved a load of compost out of one bin to create a 6 inch mound in the space between the wood and the wall, stretching behind both bins and the garden shed.
[-] The following 3 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,385
Another day of doing nothing outdoors - far too wet and muddy. I consoled myself by converting 6 packets of cut sage and thyme into cuttings for the windowsill. I can hardly see out now. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
#1,386
2022 Thread closed. Get ready for 2023 with a new thread. .
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli