2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Lovely to see you Jay. Big Grin Whenever I see your namesake in the garden pinching acorns, I think of you!
Hope all is well with you and yours.
I'm counting down the days to 2023, so that I can sow a few tomatoes and convince myself that spring is on its way. If you pop in again before then I'll wish you a Merry C-word. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Jay

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Hi there Jay. Good to see you back. Don't be a stranger.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Bren Offline
Safe journey JJB and enjoy your break even if you’re not going to be paddling. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Thanks Bren and Jay. If I can get the Internet working I'll report on the water temperature and the weather. It'll probably be sea fret and very chilly until the nightstores kick in. Remind me why we're bothering, the kit we have to sort out to take for 5 days is unreal. Although to be fair it's my own fault as I have a kitchen full of food that will waste if not taken. I blame household management malfunction Smile
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Jay, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
I hope you have a lovely time Jen! Welcome back Jay - it's good to see you! I'll hold off on the coffee until the morning, but I'm hoping for a bit of a catch up to read on here from you in the morning while I watch breakfast TV Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Jay, Veggie

Jay Offline
Morning, it’s dull but dry today. I don’t know about everyone else but it has been non stop rain for as long as I can remember with the odd dry day. The garden is like a bog! I think this week is to be dry so may get a chance to do a bit of a clean up.
Today though I shall be mostly doing nothing! Smile
Coffee is on, welcome to join me. Have a great day! x
West of Scotland
[-] The following 4 users Like Jay's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Bren Offline
Afternoon, it was dry earlier but now its raining so I'm on the sofa with a book in front of the stove.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, JJB

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I finished a run of four nights on Friday morning. Stayed late in the hope I could catch the on-call consultant when he came in so I could ask for a training assessment for a spectacularly complex patient I had spent most of my night with. I gave up when he was still not there at quarter past ten, but then the next train home wasn't until after 11am...

Made it home at 1pm on Friday. Had something to eat courtesy of the Instant Pot and then slept until 7pm. Of course, then I was awake for the entirety of last night despite my best efforts. Fell asleep again around 9am for about six hours. Now having a very unproductive evening and just hoping I can sleep tonight to reset my clock a bit before I'm back in work on Monday.

I am definitely too old for nights nowadays. Hopefully just 20 more months of regular nights to go before I'm a consultant (when I'll be on-call from home overnight and it should be rare that I actually have to go in), though there are plenty of things that have the potential to extend that time if I'm unlucky.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 6 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, Jay, JJB, Mark_Riga, Veggie, Vinny

Jay Offline
Loads of respect for you Pros!! x
West of Scotland
[-] The following 3 users Like Jay's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Veggie

Bren Offline
Hope the next 20 months works out for you Pros xxx
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Jay, JJB, Proserpina, Veggie