2022 - Good Morning, Afternoon, Night
JJB Offline
Moonraker
Afternoon all. There are some times I despair and I'm sure I'm losing what little sense I had. I've been cleaning labels this morning ready for the new season. Many of them remind me of what I grew last year or even before that. The regulars get put in a box without scrubbing for reuse. I found one large label with 'Green Goose' written on it. I wonder what that was, thinks I, can't remember sowing anything of that name. I look in the Web, a grass comes up, not likely to be that, a brussels sprout perhaps but I don't grow brussels. So there I am scrubbing away considering looking through my seed box to solve the mystery when I'm cleared up. I've just sat down with a cuppa, still wondering, then it comes to me! Eureka! DUH! It was the label for some green gooseberry cuttings I took last year, there wasn't enough room for the whole word gooseberry. Incidentally they failed through neglect Sad.
Just as well I can laugh at myself (everybody else does).
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 5 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, Mark_Riga, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Berry funny, JJB. Smile
When I'm feeling seedy, I put the used labels into the seed packets so that I have no excuse for forgetting to write a label when sowing. It also means I don't have to clean them.Wink

I went to collect summat from the lady who gave me the raffle prize last year. At the time she had just "lost" her old dog and was undecided about getting another. You can guess my advice. Today, I met her new puppy - a 7 month old very hairy, mostly black and a bit of white dog that could stand on its hind legs and lick my face. Yes, Boss, I know that's not very high. ;P
The dog is a Sheep-poo**!! A cross between an Old English Sheepdog and a Poodle. The breeder had handed a litter of 4 puppies into a rescue for reasons unknown. Gorgeous dog, long, soft fur but will be a nightmare to groom. It reminded me of a huge cuddly toy.

Another wet day, the paths are very muddy so no gardening done today.

** Just goggled and its a "Sheepadoodle" but I think "Sheep-poo" is a better name.Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 6 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Admin, Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Whatever the name it's going to be a bundle of fun.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
(03-01-2022, 06:40 PM)Veggie Wrote: Berry funny, JJB. Smile
When I'm feeling seedy, I put the used labels into the seed packets so that I have no excuse for forgetting to write a label when sowing. It also means I don't have to clean them.Wink

I went to collect summat from the lady who gave me the raffle prize last year. At the time she had just "lost" her old dog and was undecided about getting another. You can guess my advice. Today, I met her new puppy - a 7 month old very hairy, mostly black and a bit of white dog that could stand on its hind legs and lick my face. Yes, Boss, I know that's not very high. ;P
The dog is a Sheep-poo**!! A cross between an Old English Sheepdog and a Poodle. The breeder had handed a litter of 4 puppies into a rescue for reasons unknown. Gorgeous dog, long, soft fur but will be a nightmare to groom. It reminded me of a huge cuddly toy.

Another wet day, the paths are very muddy so no gardening done today.

** Just goggled and its a "Sheepadoodle" but I think "Sheep-poo" is a better name.Big Grin

No comment! Big Grin
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 5 users Like Admin's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Must be a first. Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Small chilli

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Artnoon all.Smile
Have you noticed that its staying light for a little longer these afternoons? I measure it by the time I go to put the chooks to bed - it was just after 4 a couple of weeks ago - now its 4.45. Soon be spring Smile
Most of you will have spotted that its my birthday and it invariably snows that day. If I was a betting person, I'd put money on it and, today, I would have won as we had our first snow of 2022. Luckily, it didn't settle.
Its been a good day and a not so good day. I went out to collect a freebie white poinsettia and box of chocolates and had to pass the scene of a road accident. Lots of police controlling traffic, ambulances and a fire engine pulled up behind me. There was something lying in the middle of the road covered in a big orange waterproof cover - I can only assume it was a person. The police called me through the gap between the orange blob and the pavement. The traffic was piled back on the opposite side of the road. It was awful - I felt quite shaken by it. The lady with the chocolates took my mind off it a bit and I drove home the long way round to avoid the incident.
Makes you realise how short life can be and that every day should be lived to the full whilst you can.
[-] The following 7 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Mark_Riga, MartinH, Scarlet, Small chilli

JJB Offline
Moonraker
How very true Veggie. What an unsettling time. Your heart goes out to all those affected by a nasty accident like that. Lives will never be the same.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I finally decided to cancel one of my two veg gardening magazines. Purely because they sometimes just sat there unread and they weren't telling me anything new. I figured I didn't need two. I take GYO and KG and elected to cancel GYO. So deed done I noticed KG needed renewing so got out last year's paperwork and researched the new year's price. Last year 12 issues cost £29.99, this year's price was £50!! I gave them a call with a view to haggling, which has worked in the past, but they were intransigent, wouldn't budge an inch. So in a fit of pique I told them to shove it (politely of course) , with that sort of annual increase you have to vote with your feet. Now what shall I buy with the £120+ I've saved???
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Jay, Small chilli, Veggie

MartinH Offline
Join the RHS. You get a very good monthly magazine that is worth the subscription all on its own. And you get free entry to their lovely gardens.
[-] The following 4 users Like MartinH's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
CI haven't got the RHS membership but I do have the national Trust- I love the gardens and it's a cheap day out.

Also maybe put a few pence away to spend on garden visits? I love going to visit gardens under the National garden scheme.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, MartinH, Veggie