Elderflower champagne
SarrissUK Offline
Wow, that looks lovely Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli

Mikey Offline
Perfectly Bubilicious SC. Big Grin
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
happily enjoying our Champers here ... Now have a demijohn of mint wine brewing x
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 3 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Small chilli

Mikey Offline
Start a thread Mamzie, Mint wine sounds interesting. Smile
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Mamzie, Small chilli

Mamzie Offline
On top of a South Wales Mountain
(07-07-2020, 01:49 PM)Mikey Wrote: Start a thread Mamzie, Mint wine sounds interesting. Smile
Just typed it all up from my scribbles. I warn you its a mix of my scribbles ans seen on fb lol
Gardeners Spring Recipe - 1 part soil, 2 parts water, 3 parts wishful thinking ...  
[-] The following 2 users Like Mamzie's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
20lt of elderflower champagne is now in the fermenting barrel.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Ok, time for another daft question. I have only manged to acquire six one litre fizzy pop bottles up until now. If I am going to make some of the champagne I need quite a few more. Rolleyes
I have a couple of plastic barrels from my beer making days which have a CO2 widget in the top and a tap at the bottom. If I decant a goodly amount into one of these could I feasibly have Elderflower champagne on tap? Huh I could still use the plastic bottles for immediate drinking.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I’m going to be trying exactly the same. We’ve been given a couple of half barrels from a friend. So I was going to put some of my champagne in one of those and some in bottles. I started collecting bottles a bit late.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 2 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Can the Man, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
    Its amazing the stuff you hoard and drag from one house to another in a move! Rolleyes

Just had a scrounge in my dumping ground behind the shed and look what I found. Cool

The last time I used these was 25 to 30 years ago when the big one was filled with home made Guinness and the smaller barrel had cider in it. There are another two barrels up behind shed as well. I reckon with a good scald out I can use the fermenting bucket and make enough Elderflower champagne to fill the small barrel and the few bottles I have sourced.

Jobs a goodun. Cool Just need some dry weather now to pick the elderflowers. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(27-06-2021, 04:29 PM)Vinny Wrote: Its amazing the stuff you hoard and drag from one house to another in a move! Rolleyes

Just had a scrounge in my dumping ground behind the shed and look what I found. Cool

The last time I used these was 25 to 30 years ago when the big one was filled with home made Guinness and the smaller barrel had cider in it. There are another two barrels up behind shed as well. I reckon with a good scald out I can use the fermenting bucket and make enough Elderflower champagne to fill the small barrel and the few bottles I have sourced.

Jobs a goodun. Cool Just need some dry weather now to pick the elderflowers. Big Grin
I used have a little green barrel like your little red one, mine held cider in a previous life, then when I was wine making it was great for making up a punch for parties, it certainly packed a punch when you threw a bottle of vodka or gin into it.  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.