Fasting
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Hmm, it's not for me. Anyone can make themselves appear knowledgeable?

There's lots of diets out there that "fast" but it's short term/3/2 or the 16/8.
I often skip breakfast...but eat my lunch at 12 and my main meal at 7. I've never been thin Big Grin

I think fasting for a week your body will need to gain energy from the protein available as TMTT has posted, as it has used all resources ... that will be your muscle. I don't see it as a healthy way to lose weight?
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Moth, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(14-12-2021, 09:39 PM)Vinny Wrote:
(14-12-2021, 06:03 PM)Veggie Wrote: I've moved the thread but its not "Nutty", its daft!
Really don't understand why you want to do this?
So , I take it I am on my own with this one? Smile

Most definitely!!

PS:  do be careful Vinny and for goodness sake don't do rockfit as well as long fasts
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I'm just adding that both my boys are Type 1 Diabetics. On diagnosis both had lost a considerable amount of weight in a very short time. They couldn't access any sugar so their body used fat and energy stores - they didn't lose weight in the correct places Sad . Their bodies were starved.

Neither were in good shape. When they came out of hospital they raided the fridge non stop trying to refuel. The weight rapidly returned.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
If it's weight you want to lose, Vinny, I don't believe that fasting is the way to go, because when you stop, the weight will return. To steadily and consistently lose weight in a healthy way over a period of time you need to be in a slight caloric deficit every day.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(15-12-2021, 08:14 AM)Moth Wrote: If it's weight you want to lose, Vinny, I don't believe that fasting is the way to go, because when you stop, the weight will return. To steadily and consistently lose weight in a healthy way over a period of time you need to be in a slight caloric deficit every day.
I have been doing intermittant fasting for about a year now. This is because I only eat one meal a day so theoretically I do a 23 hour fast every day. I someties do a 48 hour fast which is hard. I also do 1 on average 12000 steps walking dog each day and Rockfit and Box/core on top of that which add another 5000 steps. I feel healthier now than I was in my twenties because I haven't got work to get in the way. Rolleyes

I liken my attitude to Mallory who when asked why do you want to climb Everest answered "Because it's there" I want to do a seven day fast because I know it can be done. Smile
It's not to lose weight as I am reasonably happy with my weight having dropped 3.5 stones over the year. It would be interesting to see if I did lose any but its not the reason I am intent on doing it.

The upside is that I wouldn't have to do any shopping that week! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(15-12-2021, 12:01 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Hmm, it's not for me. Anyone can make themselves appear knowledgeable?

There's lots of diets out there that "fast" but it's short term/3/2 or the 16/8.
I often skip breakfast...but eat my lunch at 12 and my main meal at 7. I've never been thin Big Grin

I think fasting for a week your body will need to gain energy from the protein available as TMTT has posted, as it has used all resources ... that will be your muscle. I don't see it as a healthy way to lose weight?
The guy is a Doctor and other video's he has made make sense and have worked for me. Cool  It's not about dieting as I am reasonably happy with my weight, it's a challenge, and I like a challenge Rolleyes . If I lose a couple of pounds so be it, if not, what the hell, it's another item ticked off my bucket list! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • JJB

Bren Offline
(14-12-2021, 09:37 PM)Vinny Wrote: You won't enter ketosis in 10 hours but I think about 17 hours would start it and 24 hours would give complete ketosis. Being in ketosis for seven days should really burn some fat and give associated multiple benefits. Smile Its science! Big Grin

Vinny I know it looks like I eat a lot but  little and often works for me.    

I don't want to loose  weight I'm less than 9st as it is,  if I go any lower my face looks to thin.  Confused
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I like a challenge too but not one that puts my health at risk. I'll stick with sorting seeds and devising nutty plans for the garden.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Vinny

toomanytommytoes Offline
(15-12-2021, 10:33 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(15-12-2021, 12:01 AM)Scarlet Wrote: Hmm, it's not for me. Anyone can make themselves appear knowledgeable?

The guy is a Doctor and other video's he has made make sense and have worked for me. Cool  It's not about dieting as I am reasonably happy with my weight, it's a challenge, and I like a challenge Rolleyes . If I lose a couple of pounds so be it, if not, what the hell, it's another item ticked off my bucket list! Big Grin
Not to immediately discredit the video content as I haven't watched it, but he's a chiropractor, not a medical doctor. That's not to say that a chiropractor couldn't have a good understanding of nutrition etc. but I am immediately suspicious of someone without a medical degree calling themselves doctor in order to gain people's trust.
[-] The following 4 users Like toomanytommytoes's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Proserpina, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
"Trust me I'm a doctor".

There are lots of different Doctors, for example, of Law, Philosophy, Religion. Would you believe them if they told you to not to eat for 7 days?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB