Alternative Seed swaps!
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
Ooh, that’s a very good selection of seeds. I might have to join that one  Cool   Smile
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I don't join any swapping stuff anymore ( except this one)
I did the Welsh one a few years back ( you send to someone and another swapper sends to you) and after sending seeds to France, my seed sender forgot...I was super mad, she had been reminded many times by the organiser and myself. She wrote for gardening magazines...I sent her a stinking email she wound me up so much. It still makes me feel madBig Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Garrett, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I remember that one - Seedy Penpals. I joined it for a couple of years but didn't get involved in the "penpal" bit for long!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(30-12-2021, 10:39 AM)Veggie Wrote: I remember that one - Seedy Penpals. I  joined it for a couple of years but didn't get involved in the "penpal" bit for long!
Yes, just relying on someone to send seeds to you when they have already received from someone else. postage to France wasn't cheap either - I think he stopped not long after my disappointment, saying there were a few that just liked the receiving bit. I forgot that woman's name now - it really made my blood boil, write about gardens and what she is sowing and "forget" to send someone seeds after receiving some.
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I hope I never forget to send you seeds, Scarlet...........or daffodil bulbs Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(30-12-2021, 02:30 PM)Veggie Wrote: I hope I never forget to send you seeds, Scarlet...........or daffodil bulbs Wink
She was reminded numerous times VC...you must remember? They had a few stages, sent emails out, etc?

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I only vaguely remember - it was years ago.

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
(31-12-2021, 12:27 AM)Veggie Wrote: I only vaguely remember - it was years ago.
I just checked my emails - 2014!! OMG. Sally Nex -, to be fair she did apologise but I was too annoyed by that time - told her to keep her seeds Big Grin
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I told you it was years ago! How can you expect me to remember that.!
I swapped with a lady who was/wanted to have a flower farm and a man who was something to do with nightclubs? One of them sent me seeds they'd acquired in Hong Kong and they didn't have proper names - like green leafed vegetable!
The organiser was Carl Legge who wrote a book "The permaculture kitchen" which I have, of course. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
It just annoyed me so much. Carl emailed her several times. I just looked at my email thread- I sent her over 4 emails reminding her and we both asked if she wanted to drop out. She said no every time!! I swapped with Carl in the end, people like that spoil a good thing....I'm still annoyed Big Grin

Gardeners are mostly lovely people and very generous.

On that note - I received a little parcel from Nellie M last week Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • JJB, Veggie