DIY Herb Teas
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Rosemary tea today. I cut a sprig, stripped the lower leaves into the teapot and put the top in a glass of water to root.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Chamomile flowers today - from a bag of dried flower heads I was given last year. I have seeds so I should grow it myself. Not the most exciting of tastes though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today's Tea is Greek Mountain Tea. Not sure what the leaves are. This tea was given to me last year but I always tried to buy some when I was in Greece. The Greek ladies would be out on the mountainsides, gathering wild leaves and selling bunches of them at the road side. Just smelling the dry leaves reminds me of those happy days.
EDIT - Its Sideritis https://www.greekflavours.com/en/blog/gr...untain-tea
This may be one seed that I don't have in my seedroom!
  • Farendwoman

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Today's tea is Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) - another one given to me last year. Switched to green tea this afternoon for a change of taste.
  • SarrissUK

SarrissUK Offline
(10-02-2023, 06:10 PM)Veggie Wrote: Today's tea is Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) - another one given to me last year. Switched to green tea this afternoon for a change of taste.

It was THAT good eh?
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I wasn't sure whether it was the Mugwort or the weather but I felt a bit odd (no comments required) so I decided to go back to something I'd drunk before, just in case. I'm not odd now. Smile

SarrissUK Offline
(10-02-2023, 07:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: I wasn't sure whether it was the Mugwort or the weather but I felt a bit odd (no comments required) so I decided to go back to something I'd drunk before, just in case. I'm not odd now. Smile

Blimey Veggie, I think I know why! You were high! LOL
The dried leaves are often smoked or drunk as a tea to promote lucid dreaming. This supposed oneirogenic effect is believed to be due to the thujone contained in the plant. (from Wikipedia)
[-] The following 1 user Likes SarrissUK's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I read that too, Sarriss. One of the reasons I changed tea today. Wink
  • SarrissUK

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Batten down the hatches a hallucinogenic Veggie is on the loose Big Grin you be mighty careful with those magic mushrooms!
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Bren Offline
(08-02-2023, 09:32 PM)Veggie Wrote: Chamomile flowers today - from a bag of dried flower heads I was given last year. I have seeds so I should grow it myself. Not the most exciting of tastes though.

Camomiles the only 'tea' I'm not fond of and after growing it last year I'll never grow it again  that's if I get rid   Rolleyes  of all the self seeded plants.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie