I can feel another experimiment coming on!
Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(21-11-2021, 01:17 AM)Veggie Wrote: I already drink mint, sage, rosemary, lemon balm and pine needle teas but want to mix them with other things like apple peel, elderflower & berries, raspberries, rose petals & hips to make them more exciting. I forget to gather them at the right time though!!

Fennel seeds make a very pleasant tea.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moth's post:
  • Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(21-11-2021, 12:55 PM)Moth Wrote:
(21-11-2021, 01:17 AM)Veggie Wrote: I already drink mint, sage, rosemary, lemon balm and pine needle teas but want to mix them with other things like apple peel, elderflower & berries, raspberries, rose petals & hips to make them more exciting. I forget to gather them at the right time though!!

Fennel seeds make a very pleasant tea.
The Romans used to chew them as  a breath freshener. (Took away the stink of all the garlic they ate) Big Grin Wnen I waa growing it I used to gather some seeds in the morning and chew them whilst walking the dog. Smile
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • JJB, Moth, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(21-11-2021, 04:00 PM)Vinny Wrote: The Romans used to chew them as  a breath freshener. (Took away the stink of all the garlic they ate) Big Grin Wnen I waa growing it I used to gather some seeds in the morning and chew them whilst walking the dog. Smile

Also a very good cure for wind. Angel

And if you have a dog whose diet makes him whiffy and windy, half a teaspoon of fennel seeds in his dinner every day will keep him fit for pleasant society. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
^^^ does it work on husbands? Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(21-11-2021, 10:12 PM)JJB Wrote: ^^^ does it work on husbands? Big Grin

I don't know. I've never had one. Had plenty of dogs. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Moth's post:
  • JJB, Vinny

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
My experiment is at a bit of a standstill at the moment. Smile I am still 'Freezzer feasting' which makes for some rather weird meals.Combining freezer feaating with Meatless Monday yesterday made for an interesting meal. Rolleyes
Out of the back of the cupboard I dragged a Fray Bentos Vegetable Balti tinned pie which must have been in there about a year. With it I had Cauliflower cheese  along with a meatless chilli and rice that somehow had sneaked it's way into the freexer!

I went shopping with Daughter on Saturday but couldn't find any yellow stickered stuff of interest so will have to stick with freezer and allotment stuff for the time being.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB