A dedicated seed bed.
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(18-05-2022, 12:58 PM)Veggie Wrote:
(18-05-2022, 08:47 AM)Vinny Wrote: I just made a very small seed bed yesterday (60cm X 80cm roughly) , Sowed a short row of PSB, cauli and calabrse into it! Smile

I find seed beds are more tolerant of water shortage which happens when I grow in pots and forget to water them! Rolleyes
Correct me if I'm mistaken (and I know you will in the politest of words) but yours is a Seedling bed for transplanting later. I'm talking about a bed where plants are left to go to seed in order to save the seeds for another year.
Just a difference in seed bed definition. Big Grin I know what you are meaning now but only read the title and not the posts leading up to mine. Rolleyes Iv'e always called mine a seedbed in the past, but no, its not for growing plants to collect seeds, it's for growing plants to a reasonable size to plant on later.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I only did it to confuse you all. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

SarrissUK Offline
I'm definitely going to try to incorporate this idea, as I'm hoping to set out all my veg beds when I get back from holiday in a couple of weeks. Did I say I'm going to Greece??
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • PyreneesPlot, Veggie

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
Not sure I've got the space now! But I might put it into the rotation for next year.
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 1 user Likes PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Veggie