Isolation crafting
Bren Offline
(01-11-2021, 01:17 PM)Small chilli Wrote: Basket made and everything fits in
That does make a pretty gifted SC.   Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
If they were my bootees I'd struggle to decide which ones to wear each day - probably one red one and one green one - with the pink ones for evenings and Sundays.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Small chilli, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Beautiful gift from a gifted lady, did you have patterns for all these things SC?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(01-11-2021, 11:14 PM)JJB Wrote: Beautiful gift from a gifted lady, did you have patterns for all these things SC?
I find all the patterns on YouTube.  Big Grin .
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(01-11-2021, 11:47 PM)Small chilli Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 11:14 PM)JJB Wrote: Beautiful gift from a gifted lady, did you have patterns for all these things SC?
I find all the patterns on YouTube.  Big Grin .

Of course!! I never thought of that, the wonders of the internet.  I was getting very twitchy with withdrawal symptoms during our power cut. Just shows how dependent we are  Sick
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Small chilli

Jay Offline
I’m trying to start a baby hat but can’t get it started for some reason! Also,SC, how do you get the tension right on your crochet, mine is far too loose.
You Tube is great, a lot of step by step instructions which you can rewind until you get the idea.
West of Scotland
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(02-11-2021, 12:51 PM)Jay Wrote: I’m trying to start a baby hat but can’t get it started for some reason! Also,SC, how do you get the tension right on your crochet, mine is far too loose.
You Tube is great, a lot of step by step instructions which you can rewind until you get the idea.
What’s your problem with starting you’re baby hat ? 
I don’t really know how I get my tension right    Blush I just do. Probably just how my Nan taught me to do it (& knitting)
YouTube is great I wouldn’t be able to do most of the things I do without it. Especially as I can’t read crochet patterns. I am improving though I think I’d understand most of a pattern now. 
The magic ring/circle took me ages to get the hang of! I have to watch that video every time I start a project with one. There seem to be so many ways of doing a magic circle as well. Some make it look incredibly complicated    Rolleyes .

Jay Offline
SC, the woman on the video says it’s a magic ring but not sure it is. You have to chain 2 then double crochet into loop you made your first stitch on 9 times. Just can’t get the loop to stay open. Will keep trying.
West of Scotland
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
(02-11-2021, 01:17 PM)Jay Wrote: SC, the woman on the video says it’s a magic ring but not sure it is. You have to chain 2 then double crochet into loop you made your first stitch on 9 times. Just can’t get the loop to stay open. Will keep trying.
I found the video I use for making a magic circle.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=RDCMUC...playnext=1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Small chilli's post:
  • Jay

Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
I told my friend last night that she wasn’t to leave the island to have baby without seeing us first because I’d got a little something for +1 ( the bumps official name ). Knowing how I dislike children, dad to be asked if it was a knife  Big Grin . After telling him I don’t share my knives. He asked if it was an axe. 

So I spent last night and this morning making +1 her first throwing axe  Big Grin .

Best baby toy ever    Cool  Big Grin .
[-] The following 10 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Jay, Jimny14, JJB, MartinH, Norfolk Grey, SarrissUK, Scarlet, Veggie