2022 - Plans and hopes.
Broadway Offline
I plan to grow potatoes and courgettes in containers next year.

I'm also thinking about planting squashes in the manure dumpy bags.

Will be growing onions from seeds for the first time.

I have 3 'new' 190×50cm planters that will be used for roots, climbing/french beans, and leeks.

....more to follow

Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and Lettuce will be grown at home unless the old fella on the next plot let's me use his greenhousesSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, Garrett, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
Danny I grow potatoes and courgettes in old recycling boxes, you have to keep an eye on watering but it does help if you mulch.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB

Broadway Offline
(24-12-2021, 10:51 AM)Bren Wrote: Danny I grow potatoes and courgettes in old recycling boxes, you have to keep an eye on watering but it does help if you mulch.
Thanks Bren what different mulches do you use?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • JJB

Bren Offline
Mostly its grass Danny but if it's a dry summer I use leaf mould.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bren's post:
  • Broadway

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Part 2.
How are you all doing with your Plans?
Just curious. Wink
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli

Small chilli Online
Super Pest Controller
After looking at the start of the thread to see what my plan was! Not much has changed. In stead of shutting down the garden. I’m growing a few carrots, beans for shelling, tromboncino because I have to, beetroot and a couple of small tubs of salad. Plans for new garden are progressing. Growing lots of things from seed & cuttings to fill it.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • Garrett, SarrissUK, Veggie

Garrett Offline
Reading back my plans, I've done everything except grow shallots. I think I'm happy just having the spring onions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Garrett's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
(25-09-2021, 03:56 PM)Veggie Wrote: Here's my starter list!
Clear all the grass that grows on the paths in the middle part of the garden - no more mowing. Control by raking/tumbleweeding.  About half done now. DONE the main paths
Move palletbox that sits in middle of grass onto a veg bed - to make mowing simpler. NOT DONE
Finish making new veg bed & green manure it with old lettuce/chard/kale seeds overwinter. DONE
Cut back brambles around the sides of garden. ONGOING
Plant rhubarb in a new area. DONE
Lower height of fruit trees and thin branches. PART DONE
Cut down sweet chestnut tree in middle of garden - growing too big/shade - no sign of nuts and I don't really like the anyway! CUT OFF LOWEST BRANCHES
Grow more flowers. DONE-ISH
Take more cuttings. ONGOING
Pull up Montbretia (never ending struggle). ONGOING
Reduce flowerpots stash- nobody needs this many.   ONGOING
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

SarrissUK Offline
I am in the search for well rotted manure and if I find it, I'm laying all the veg beds before winter. - I found my endless supply of horse manure, just about every villager wants to give it away. I didn't lay all the beds though, because quickly I realised I have room for another greenhouse, and since we haven't got the summer house in place yet, the beds are going in as I need them.

I am not sure how much I can grow, but loads, I'm sure - I'm starting to understand my space now, and yes... loads. LOADS.

I have definite plans of laying a path and I'm hoping to take Veggie's approach and scroungers them for free over the next year. - This path is still in my plans, but I need the summer house in place first, and rid of the old one. It will be a red brick path Smile

I'm also taking up a fair bit of concrete that is in the wrong place. - All done!! Smile

Other than that, I'm planning to wait and see what comes up - nothing fun has come up other than some yellow primroses under a big bush of some kind. I'm gonna have to put all the fun in, I think Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Mark_Riga, Veggie

Broadway Offline
So far I'm on track!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Veggie