Mandoline
Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
I use mine to slice onions for steak and onions
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 5 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • Farendwoman, Jay, JJB, Scarlet, Vinny

Farendwoman Offline
(18-09-2021, 10:37 PM)Vinny Wrote: Well, going against everyone else, I think they are great! Tongue I got one for my wife who never got round to using it. I took it out the other day and didn't realise all the different cutting blades that came with it, I chose one to make courgette spaghetti and it worked really well. There is a little handle thing that if you use makes it impossible to cut yourself.My next plan is to make sweet potato rice with it. Cool
Mines not a posh one like yours Vinny. just a hand held one that has three different slicing thicknesses by turning a knob.
it is made by the people who make the little red stock cubes -  and has pretty good reviews for such a basic model.
i probably did want it for uniform slicing of pickles, Bren, or maybe for neat apple slices on top of a cake. 
Thanks for the suggestions -still wondering whether to take it out of the packaging.
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
Go on - dare you Big Grin!

I might get one now - a present to myself for when I eventually move into the kitchen!
[-] The following 5 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Jay, JJB, Vinny

Jimny14 Offline
They are excellent for producing the same thickness of slice of something, very good for presentation and making things look pretty. I have one but haven't used it in a while. I got a kenwood chef last year and use that for lots of stuff instead now.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB

Bren Offline
The other thing I use for slicing is an Apple, Peeler, Corer they're really good and soon process apples for dehydrating, pies and chutneys.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(19-09-2021, 09:28 AM)Bren Wrote: The other thing I use for slicing is an Apple, Peeler, Corer they're really good and soon process apples for dehydrating, pies and chutneys.
I've seen those before. They always resemble something Heath Robinson would design! Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 3 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
(19-09-2021, 09:28 AM)Bren Wrote: The other thing I use for slicing is an Apple, Peeler, Corer they're really good and soon process apples for dehydrating, pies and chutneys.
I have one of those too - you can do spuds with it and make curly chips.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Farendwoman