2020/21 - What's made you happy today?
Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Thanks for the reminder! I'm not sure it looks pink, but it's certainly nice and big!
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eyren's post:
  • Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
Today I got some new notebooks for my garden journal - I couldn't decide which design I liked best, so I bought both!

I had hoped that my first one would last 2 years, but I started it last April and I only have enough space for May and maybe June. I do enjoy keeping track of what I sow, even if it occasionally results in failure - it's all a learning experience!

(The middle "notebook" is not gardening-related - I just took a photo of the whole order to show off to my stationery-loving friends)
How much veg and wildlife can I pack into a 6m x 8m garden in suburban Cambridge? Let’s find out!  Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-04-2021, 09:41 PM)Eyren Wrote: Today I got some new notebooks for my garden journal - I couldn't decide which design I liked best, so I bought both!

I had hoped that my first one would last 2 years, but I started it last April and I only have enough space for May and maybe June. I do enjoy keeping track of what I sow, even if it occasionally results in failure - it's all a learning experience!

(The middle "notebook" is not gardening-related - I just took a photo of the whole order to show off to my stationery-loving friends)

Very posh Eyren, puts my Tesco's cheap A5 ring bound scribble book to shame. Smile I bet yours has lovely neat handwriting too, unlike mine.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Scarlet, Veggie

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(26-04-2021, 11:28 PM)JJB Wrote: Very posh Eyren, puts my Tesco's cheap A5 ring bound scribble book to shame. Smile I bet yours has lovely neat handwriting too, unlike mine.

Big Grin 

I do try to keep it legible, so future me can still read it years down the line! Some pages are really neat, like this calendar page (note I did not draw the bumblebees - they're on a decorative tape):

OK, so it's all a bit fancy, but this is a sort of adjunct hobby to my gardening hobby - I don't have a lot of time at the moment to draw or paint (because gardening), so I put some effort on my garden notes instead. I'm usually good at starting notebooks but never finishing them, so it's been a lovely surprise to find I'm reaching the end of this current one!
[-] The following 2 users Like Eyren's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Happy today at becoming a Grandad for the ninth time! Cool I am also very honoured that they have included my first name in the babies name.
Mother and Son  are doing well and I look forward to seeing my Grandson when they leave hospital. Big Grin
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 8 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Admin, Broadway, doublyjonah, Eyren, Jay, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Congratulations Vinny Smile
I am only the Boss because Veggie lets me be!
[-] The following 2 users Like Admin's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Fantastic news Vinny, you'll soon have a football team, congratulations.
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(27-04-2021, 07:14 AM)Eyren Wrote:
(26-04-2021, 11:28 PM)JJB Wrote: Very posh Eyren, puts my Tesco's cheap A5 ring bound scribble book to shame. Smile I bet yours has lovely neat handwriting too, unlike mine.

Big Grin 

I do try to keep it legible, so future me can still read it years down the line! Some pages are really neat, like this calendar page (note I did not draw the bumblebees - they're on a decorative tape):

OK, so it's all a bit fancy, but this is a sort of adjunct hobby to my gardening hobby - I don't have a lot of time at the moment to draw or paint (because gardening), so I put some effort on my garden notes instead. I'm usually good at starting notebooks but never finishing them, so it's been a lovely surprise to find I'm reaching the end of this current one!

Beautiful Eyren, I think you're one of the many talented artistic members here.  Now me, I've not got an artistic bone anywhere and really appreciate the skill of  others.  Any paintings you'd like to share?
Greetings from Salisbury
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Vinny

Jay Offline
Congratulations Vinny!!
West of Scotland
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay's post:
  • Vinny

Eyren Offline
Hardy perennial
(27-04-2021, 09:04 AM)JJB Wrote: Beautiful Eyren, I think you're one of the many talented artistic members here.  Now me, I've not got an artistic bone anywhere and really appreciate the skill of  others.  Any paintings you'd like to share?

Thank you! And sure - never one to hide my light under a bushel Big Grin

This is a Black-eyed Susan I drew for an online class in coloured pencil drawing (I think I posted it ages ago when we were discussing the banner art for this site, but maybe that was on the temporary site?):

and this is a watercolour sketch I did in the Cambridge Botanic Gardens in February 2020, just before the world went to hell in a handbasket - it was freezing cold that day, so I had to work really fast!

I also do urban sketching, but that's not so relevant to a gardening forum!
[-] The following 5 users Like Eyren's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Vinny