2020/21 - What's made you happy today?
SarrissUK Offline
A delivery of eight pallet collars from Ghexton's work, hand delivered by himself whilst I was at work. Bless him - thank you (in case he reads this). A few of them will be cut up and used for shelving under my stairs, and the rest will be donated to a good friend of mine on the allotment site I'm on. She has four.. FOUR plots!
[-] The following 3 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Proserpina, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Again learning something new. Didn't know what a pallet collar was. Thanks Sarriss. Also the barter system with my neighbours, giving plants and receiving duck eggs, horse poo, and marmalade in return.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 6 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, SarrissUK, Veggie

Admin Offline
The Boss
Itis always nice to see people sharing Smile
[-] The following 5 users Like Admin's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
Pallet collars are great and come in all shapes. The ones I got from Ghexton are the biggest I've seen, and perfect for outside raised beds in my garden, but a tad too big for the greenhouse, so I don't get a lot of space in there to walk lol

I like the rustic look of the wood too, with the odd stamp on them (and some of them from Swedish brands!), so I much prefer that wood for my shelving than the ugly white melamine boards you can get in diy stores.The smaller cut offs will be used in the greenhouse to make a new shape of the beds in there.

When I took my plot on, there were a few old ones there that are a bit rotted, but the wood is so pretty. I reckon I will use one of them in the front garden as a frame for soil to hold some compost for my honeysuckle and clematis.
[-] The following 2 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
Saw the bluetit babies fledge safely this morning. Parents have taken them away off into the spinney now. Big Grin
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 3 users Like Moth's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Scarlet

MartinH Offline
My Rambling Rector rose looks better this year than any time previously. It is a vicious thug, far too vigorous for my little garden, but it covers the fence and the front of the shed nicely.

[-] The following 6 users Like MartinH's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Proserpina, SarrissUK, Scarlet, Veggie

Jay Offline
Watching the Osprey Cam on Woodland Trust website...1 baby Osprey so far!Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Jay's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(30-05-2020, 08:41 AM)Moth Wrote: Saw the bluetit babies fledge safely this morning. Parents have taken them away off into the spinney now. Big Grin

Our babies flew a couple of days ago from the nest box near the kitchen window.  I feel quite bereft with no mum/dad going in and out with grubs.  Like sending the kids off to uni.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Jay, Moth, Veggie

Moth Offline
Chissit No-digger
(30-05-2020, 10:11 AM)JJB Wrote:
(30-05-2020, 08:41 AM)Moth Wrote: Saw the bluetit babies fledge safely this morning. Parents have taken them away off into the spinney now. Big Grin

Our babies flew a couple of days ago from the nest box near the kitchen window.  I feel quite bereft with no mum/dad going in and out with grubs.  Like sending the kids off to uni.
Shortly after the bluetits left the garden, a sparrowhawk narrowly missed taking a great tit off the sunflower feeder. Amazing agility by both birds.
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished  – Lao Tzu
[-] The following 5 users Like Moth's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jay, JJB, Veggie

Stem20 Offline
Batsford arboretum has reopened and have just spent a leisurely hour walking through. Also took the opportunity of walking father in law / oh new border terrier puppy for its
first proper walk, it’s a bit too lively at present but hopefully calm down a bit.
[-] The following 6 users Like Stem20's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, Can the Man, Jay, Scarlet, Veggie