2020/21 - What's made you happy today?
Greenfingers Offline
(25-05-2020, 06:37 PM)Greenfingers Wrote: The happy face of a friend of my husband's (in his 90s) when I took him a portion of my pasta bake I made last night.

Must add: Even happier at the thought of drinking the very interesting bottle of wine he'd got me as a present for no real reason.
[-] The following 3 users Like Greenfingers's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Veggie

Mikey Offline
Cleaning the dump area in the garden and finally seeing the back of the Timber shed for the first time in 6 years. Then finding 5 spare slabs I put there for safe keeping probably 10 years ago just when I prepare to gravel and slab a path to one of my greenhouses.

Also roasting garlic in the wood oven while watering the garden, the aroma was divine.
A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mikey's post:

SarrissUK Offline
Finishing my last essay on Saturday makes me happy every day, and it's expected to carry on making me happy for a long, long time.

I bought treats to celebrate - a pizza oven and a pizza paddle for use on the barbeque (awesome thread by the way Mikey!) and a chelsea bun with cinnamon icing.

Finding that the weeds are pulling out really easy on the plot - thank you no dig Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Mikey, Proserpina, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Seeing hints of things to come - tiny french beans and cucumbers, tomatoes (still green of course) and flowers on the Crimson Flowered Broad beans.Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Farendwoman, Mikey

PyreneesPlot Offline
Mountain Dweller
So I know not everyone would find this a happy, but today I turned my heaps & three quarters of the way down the middle one I disturbed a rat on her nest. She belted out through one of the holes in the back into my huge pile of stuff that's too big to compost, leaving just one blind baby behind. I popped the baby through the hole and she grabbed it and ran off. Slowly I unearthed 9 more and she came back and collected each one off my hand. What a good mum. I left the third heap unturned as I guess that's where she'd gone.
Last spring a rat came out to see what threats I was putting on the heap & would take things like apple cores from me. Perhaps it is the same one?
For clarity, my heaps are about 50m from my house and 200m from anybody else so I am happy to share my space with them. I used to have pet rats and always found them to be fascinating!
Has Anyone Seen the Plot?

Hautes-Pyrénées (65), France
[-] The following 5 users Like PyreneesPlot's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman, Neffa, Proserpina, Veggie

SarrissUK Offline
First taste of my home made elderflower cordial - an absolute delight Smile It's definitely one of the highlights of the year, that Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like SarrissUK's post:
  • Can the Man, Mikey, PyreneesPlot, Veggie

Mikey Offline
My turning peel arrived, I’m almost legit. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A pocket knife is not a weapon in the right hands it’s an essential garden tool.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mikey's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Learning something new - I had no idea what a turning peel was ( had to google) now I know. Thanks Mikey.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 4 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Mikey, Veggie

Broadway Offline
My son helping me for an hour at the plotSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:

Neffa Offline
From little MFB’s lovely Charlottes grow. Yummy!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. 

Quote author unknown.
[-] The following 3 users Like Neffa's post:
  • Can the Man, Small chilli, Veggie