Gardening shorts
Jimny14 Offline
It was recently my birthday (for my 30th I went to Paris where the French kindly put on a big parade and fireworks display). 

I was gifted these shorts and also a pair of trousers with very similar pockets.

https://www.scruffs.com/workwear/trade-shorts.html

I have been using them a fair bit for various jobs the last couple of weeks and so far they are very good. The material is pretty water resistant, appears very hard wearing but isn't as stretchy as some trousers I have. 
The pocket options are great, I wasn't sure about the front flappy pockets at first but they are turning out to be very useful for bits and bobs. Also there is a long thin pocket made of fairly robust looking fabric on the outside of the right leg which fits my hori hori perfectly which is turning out to be very useful.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimny14's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
I have a couple of pairs of work trousers (women's) from Lidl that have zip-off legs to convert them to shorts. They're a couple of years old now and lasting well.
Lots of pockets but I only use them for little bits and pieces - nothing hard or sharp - in case they stick in me when I bend down!!
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, Farendwoman

Bren Offline
I like those Jimny, I usually wear mens cargo shorts they're comfy and practical.
Do love the multi pockets I can stuff my phone, a water bottle and a snack in the side pockets so no need to take my rucksack when I'm walking.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bren's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
My shorts all come from 'Age Concern boutique' at 99p a knock I am sorry to say. Smile The books are 29p so my back bedroom is full of books! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 5 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Bren, Can the Man, Jimny14, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
^^^^ I call my spare bedroom full of cheap books "The Library". Smile
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 3 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
My shorts are P's old jeans with the holey legs cut off. I stuff bits and bobs down my bra (including scissors occasionally) alternatively it's a pair of old gym shorts that stretch with bending down. Nothing fancy in our house Big Grin
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie, Vinny

Can the Man Offline
Can the Man with the van
(25-07-2021, 09:55 PM)Jimny14 Wrote: It was recently my birthday (for my 30th I went to Paris where the French kindly put on a big parade and fireworks display). 

I was gifted these shorts and also a pair of trousers with very similar pockets.

https://www.scruffs.com/workwear/trade-shorts.html

I have been using them a fair bit for various jobs the last couple of weeks and so far they are very good. The material is pretty water resistant, appears very hard wearing but isn't as stretchy as some trousers I have. 
The pocket options are great, I wasn't sure about the front flappy pockets at first but they are turning out to be very useful for bits and bobs. Also there is a long thin pocket made of fairly robust looking fabric on the outside of the right leg which fits my hori hori perfectly which is turning out to be very useful.
Fine looking shorts Jimmy, mine are just old jeans with the legs cut out of them, and an old pair of summer shorts I used wear to the beach but are gone a bit tatty now.
Coffee keeps me busy until it’s acceptable to drink whiskey.
[-] The following 2 users Like Can the Man's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
(26-07-2021, 08:47 AM)Vinny Wrote:  The books are 29p so my back bedroom is full of books! Rolleyes

(26-07-2021, 09:29 AM)Veggie Wrote: ^^^^ I call my spare bedroom full of cheap books "The Library". Smile

How refreshing! I'm not alone  Smile 'my' room (the lad's old room with a plaque with his name still on the door) is crammed full of paperbacks. It's what kept me going through lockdown when the charity shops were closed.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Can the Man, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
(26-07-2021, 09:32 AM)JJB Wrote: My shorts are P's old jeans with the holey legs cut off. I stuff bits and bobs down my bra (including scissors occasionally) alternatively it's a pair of old gym shorts that stretch with bending down. Nothing fancy in our house Big Grin
Sounds dangerous to me and potentially bleeding painful!
[-] The following 3 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie