Soil Blockers
Spec Offline
(22-07-2021, 04:47 PM)Scarlet Wrote:
(21-07-2021, 05:08 PM)Spec Wrote: I have a soil blocker, and when I used it, it was very good, but as I have a good number of plastic cell trays of various sizes I am using those till they disintegrate, rather than just tossing them, so at the moment I consider what I have as an investmentBig Grin
On reading you post I was thinking rather than a blow torch, a soil blocker would be a safer thing for your husband, but then the one I have is made of metal and if he got hit with that it would leave quite a bruise Big Grin
I have a hefty left hook - I grew up with two brothers Big Grin

Strangely enough when I did some boxing, I was quite good at avoiding swinging punches or hooks, I had two older sisters:rolleyes s: and a mother who swiped at you with whatever she had in her hand at the time Rolleyes Rolleyes
[-] The following 4 users Like Spec's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Did you choose a soilblocker or a blowtorch, Scarlet?

Just seen this article by Sara Backmo which is interesting. https://www.sarabackmo.com/soilblocker-s...-jQk8CbgHU
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB

Spec Offline
The lady has mentioned one of the problems with the soil blocker, they tend to dry out quite quickly, but sitting them on capillary matting helped with that problem, one other problem is getting the right mix so that the blocks stayed together, something that you need to work at especially with all the diffrent composts on the market nowadays, as no two composts are the same, peat free of course Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Spec's post:
  • Broadway, Can the Man