Bagging seed heads - what bags?
Spec Offline
So do I, there's something with it that seems to strike a cordRolleyes Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline
I use teabag material tied round the seed heads that I want to keep.
I think I got it from a scrap store when my daughter was a tiddler at Playgroup. She is now 31.
Hoarder …… me??????
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Spec, Veggie

Broadway Offline
Morning Folks

So do I leave the bags on until the seeds fall off or remove the flower head at some stage?
Regards..........Danny Smile

Jimny14 Offline
Hhmmm, good question Danny. I tend to be the person running round trying to find an envelope to collect seeds in so probably not the best person to ask. My gut feeling is it depends what species you're collecting from.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jimny14's post:
  • Broadway

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Here at Jekka’s Herb Farm we collect as many varieties of herb seed as possible. During the summer we are continually checking to see if the seeds are ripe. The signal to start collecting is when the seeds start to naturally drop. Collect on a hot dry day, make sure you have some paper bags or envelopes and a pen so you can write the name of the seed onto the packet. We store seeds in a dark airy room until they are dry. Once fully dry we clean them and then file them in paper envelopes and then store them in a filing cabinet in an unheated shed with a dehumidifier. For home use, choose a box with a fitting lid, then store it either in a dark shed, the garage or in the lettuce compartment of the refrigerator. Not in the greenhouse.
https://www.jekkas.com/blogs/jekkas-blog...97effee0af
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.