Home made feeds
Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
(25-06-2021, 10:07 PM)Spec Wrote: [quote="Vinny" pid='25982' I made a similar setup last year using a full pop bottle as the weight with a length of string tied on the top to retrieve. That was the Mk 1 version which didn't work too well because the pipe was too small a diameter. I have scrounged a larger pipe about 150mm/ 6 inches diameter and a metre/yard and a bit long.
Once I get on top of the rest of the plot I will eventually get round to fixing it to my IBC tank frame where I can get feed and water at the same place!
I have already had one cutting from the comfrey and it is ready for another. I usually get four or five cuttings from it per season. :)
Vinny how do you catch the liquid from your press, as I have said I use the bag from a wine box, this is taped on at the bottom of the pipe, and as it has a tap on it for draining, I don't need to disconnect it from the pipe, but still think there could be a better method
[/quote]

On the smaller pipe I used a cut off pop bottle and just opened the top to allow concentrate to flow. On the bigger pipe I will probably just use a bigger cut off pop bottle gaffer taped on? You do end up with smelly fingers if any gets on your skin though!
At one point I just left the top off the bottle and let it drip into a bucket. Your idea seems a good one though Spec.
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vinny's post:
  • Spec