A Cutting Patch
Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I also think herbs are lovely for cutting - there's nothing nicer than some sprigs of Rosemary, bay or mint in a small case with one or two flowers? A little colour and fragrance is all you need. You don't need a huge vase.

I've got just a few sweet peas in a jam jar on the bathroom sink at the moment - it makes me smile.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Farendwoman, Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
Thanks everyone.Smile
The more I've thought about growing flowers mainly for cutting, the more I'm convinced I can't do it!! However, I have a cunning plan, one that I can do without too much soul searching................
I'm going to become a Florager - a word I've made up for a "Flower Forager". Big Grin
Whilst foraging around the garden for edible stuff I'll also forage for flowers, picking a few flowers but only the ones that the garden can spare - not the flowers that are enjoyed by wildlife or needed for seed saving.
I'll still grow more flowers but won't be picking any that have a single flower - like sunflowers and tulips, they're to be enjoyed outdoors.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I think it's nice to have flowers indoors too, but not by making outdoors lose out. When I last had sweetpeas a couple of years ago, I really liked cutting those to bring little posies inside. Firstly, I had so many flowers that cutting some didn't diminish the outdoor display, and secondly, cutting some just encouraged the plants to flower even more. Perhaps there are other flowers that will yield so many blooms that you feel happy to cut some, or others where cutting some flowers actually boosts production?
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 2 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
I would never cut tulips for indoors. I only cut what would stop the plant producing and I grow extras so that the garden has some as well as for me. Seed saving isn't harmed by having some inside.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller

Today I picked lots of yellow roses.  It was an easy choice and no heart searching involved - the rose arch had blown down. Smile
Prickly vicious things!

Sorry about the blurry photos - neither photography or floristry are my fortes.  Blush
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Proserpina, Scarlet, Small chilli

Scarlet Offline
Super Pest Controller
They look lovely in that case VC!
[-] The following 2 users Like Scarlet's post:
  • Small chilli, Veggie

Spec Offline
Veggie I came across the ideal rose for your floraging an edible rose, at £28.00 per plant a right steal, but I don't think it's the customer who should be wearing a mask
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spec's post:
  • Veggie

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
You can eat rose petals and hips anyway and I don't fancy the thorns and the leaves would be a bit chewy so, thanks for offering to buy me one, but you can save you pennies. Smile

Farendwoman Offline
Everlastings are good too - statice and helichrysum.
And like Scarlet, I love clary and cornflowers.
Sowed a mixed packet of cornflowers this time instead of sticking to just blue - and noticed that the pink ones last far longer when cut.
The blue ones fade quite quickly, but the pink stayed fresh and good looking for over a week.
[-] The following 4 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie

Farendwoman Offline

All these good for cutting ... blue and white sweet peas, veronica, liatris, thlaspi, achillea and blue cornflowers.
[-] The following 6 users Like Farendwoman's post:
  • JJB, Mark_Riga, mcdood, Scarlet, Small chilli, Veggie