This time last year...........
Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Go on, JJB - you know you want to.Smile
For July, I've used the first page as a reminder of things to do in the month - basically, that its the Start of Second Spring and time to sow quick maturing veg sown in March/April and Fennel, Spinach and Oriental veg that would bolt earlier in the year.
Second page is the Highlights page -Just a line a day if anything happens
Page 3>>, I write something for each day, however many lines it takes - and draw a line after each day. Some pages have 3-4 days on.

Because I'm using the book as a mouse pad, its always there, like a conscience, ready to do the "write" thing. Big Grin
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

doublyjonah Offline
(03-07-2021, 11:04 AM)Veggie Wrote: Go on, JJB - you know you want to.Smile
For July, I've used the first page as a reminder of things to do in the month - basically, that its the Start of Second Spring and time to sow quick maturing veg sown in March/April and Fennel, Spinach and Oriental veg that would bolt earlier in the year.
Second page is the Highlights page -Just a line a day if anything happens
Page 3>>, I write something for each day, however many lines it takes - and draw a line after each day. Some pages have 3-4 days on.

Because I'm using the book as a mouse pad, its always there, like a conscience, ready to do the "write" thing. Big Grin
Veggie, I'm shocked to my core...this sounds so extremely organized! Is this where all of those impulses gather?
[-] The following 3 users Like doublyjonah's post:
  • Can the Man, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Since its too hot outdoors, I'm browsing through one of my old diaries - 2013 actually. Not just browsing but tearing out the pages with something written on. I'll put them in a folder to make it easier to read - and not have to flick through all the blank pages.Wink There's only one entry in July - 26th when I sowed in Modules all sorts of veg, including Bijou M/T, Runner Beans and Courgettes. Nothing changes.Wink
Wonder if they were a success or not?
[-] The following 2 users Like Veggie's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli

Broadway Offline
Looking at the spreadsheet/plans I had last year and whats been achieved results are a tad disappointing but there are successes, and that spurs me onSmile

I put the disappointments / failures down to me rather than the seedsSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
We've said it before - there's no such thing as failures - they're lessons, from which you can learn - or not.Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Broadway

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Remember this Nutty Idea - a "Diary for a month"? Started in June 2021? 
I'm reading last year's now and adding to it for 2022. 
Have to admit that it fizzled out in the winter and I didn't start any Monthly Diaries at the beginning of the year but, someone gave me a free diary for 2022 and I wrote in that. I'll transfer those entries into books for the missing months.
Good to read that I'm picking strawberries now but last year had to wait until mid-month.
[-] The following 4 users Like Veggie's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Proserpina, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
I'm still tempted by your book to a month idea. I have added a section at the end of my daily wittering book for the useful notes on each of the crops. This might prevent me having to trawl through a whole year just to find a single tit bit of info.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 2 users Like JJB's post:
  • Broadway, Veggie