How do you....................?
Small chilli Offline
Super Pest Controller
If drying on the line. Clothes get pegged on the bottom hem. Bedding gets thrown over so equal amount hangs down both sides of the line and pegged. Towels get pegged along the long edge.

Mostly things get hung in the utility room. On an old fashioned airer on a pulley system.
Builder that would like to go play in the garden.
[-] The following 3 users Like Small chilli's post:
  • JJB, Veggie, Vinny

Broadway Offline
Sad 
I dont, it would only need to be done againSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • JJB, Veggie

Spec Offline
What ever way they come out the basket, crackes OH up she likes to have them in order, shirts one after the other towels together etc. etc. etc. I tell her I put them in the order they come out the basket
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Spec Offline
As for sandwiches or to give it its proper name a piece, a piece on butter and jam is hard to beat for a wee shiverrin bight, though butter, black current jam and strong cheese if you want a wee bit of a meal, one slice of pan loaf buttered then the jam topped off with the cheese, pressed together so that its secure and nothing will fall off, eat and enjoySmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Spec's post:
  • JJB, Small chilli, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(11-06-2021, 07:48 AM)Spec Wrote: As for sandwiches or to give it its proper name a piece, a piece on butter and jam is hard to beat for a wee shiverrin bight, though butter, black current jam and strong cheese if you want a wee bit of a meal, one slice of pan loaf buttered then the jam topped off with the cheese, pressed together so that its secure and nothing will fall off, eat and enjoySmile
You got your messages for your piece SpecSmile
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Spec, Veggie

Bren Offline
I peg t-shirts with the bottom hem, jeans, baggies, shorts, walking trousers etc with the waist band turning the inside out after a while.
Towels by short edge.
Bedding folded part was over the line.

Most important thing is to keep the laundry folded and flat when it comes out of the machine and of the line because I don't iron anything.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bren's post:
  • JJB, PyreneesPlot, Veggie, Vinny

JJB Offline
Moonraker
If weather is doubtful and cool then washing gets hung on an airer(s) in front of the aircon blower on heat setting which is a godsend in winter. It dries so quickly.  Outside washing depends on how big. We have a tall line and a double row for short things. Sheets folded once to save space,  jeans by waistband, towels by short edge, all on tall line with clothes prop. Socks pegged up in pairs, shirts and jumpers by shoulders otherwise the arms drag on the ground on lower.  if you're really interested,  here's a pic, washing not included.  

As an aside how often do your gardening clothes get washed?  To save the embarrassment of others I'll own up that mine only get washed when they stand up by themselves, or get mud encrusted or smelly.  I work on the principle that they're going to get mucky so why bother about a bit of existing muck.  P will clean my gardening shoes out of the kindness of his heart, but I wouldn't bother until they're heavy with mud.  Big Grin

Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 3 users Like JJB's post:
  • Bren, Veggie, Vinny

Veggie Online
Super Pest Controller
I peg Tshirts on the bottom hem, jeans from the waist, then, when dry-ish, turn them upside down and peg from the ankles. Towels on the short side unless there's enough room on the rotary line to put them lengthwise.............and why did I ask this??
It was because of the sheets drying question! I used to peg a sheet onto 2 lines, so that the sheet hung down to make a pocket, then I saw someone putting the sheet over the line and pegging the 2 hanging sides together at the edges so they couldn't separate and, haven't looked back since!!
All the small stuff, like socks and underwear goes on one of those multi peg thingies like this one https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-20-peg.../p/0132982
I can peg it up indoors and hang it on the line or in the GH to dry. Its also quick to take in when the rain starts.
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • JJB

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I don't have any outdoor space for drying currently. My underwear and scrubs go in the tumble dryer. I've never used a tumble dryer before living here, but it is handy for my scrubs that need washing after every wear (and where the available washing/drying time is sometimes as little as eight hours before they need to be worn again). I usually just run it for about 15 minutes as that's long enough to guarantee that the scrubs will be dry by the following morning (and the dryer noise won't drive my neighbours potty). Bedding and towels also have to be dried in the tumble dryer as I don't have space to dry them in my room.

All my other clothes get put on a clothes hanger and hung on my small laundry rack. When it's dry, the hangers get put straight into the wardrobe. I don't iron either - life is too short!

I'm looking forward to being able to line dry (and line air clothes that don't need washing, just freshening up a bit) clothes again. I like to peg clothes at the bottom, whether tops or trousers - I think the peg marks are much less obvious that way (this is important as a non-ironer).
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

Vinny Offline
Geordie living 'ower the watter'
Having an outdoor drying space is a bit of a novelty to me. Rolleyes I previously lived in a tied accommodation flat with my job for 25 years and had no outdoor drying space so just used the tumble drier. Luckily my electric and gas was paid for by my employer. Cool

I now have a line in the garden which gets well used, but also a Victorian style drying rack which is winched up above the woodburner for winter drying. Smile

I live in a very windy area and my biggest problem is keeping the clothes on the line! Rolleyes
"The problem with retirement is that you never get a day off"- Abe Lemons
[-] The following 2 users Like Vinny's post:
  • Proserpina, Veggie