How do you....................?
Broadway Offline
Well Friday is usually fish finger sandwich day. Tiger bread, both slices covered in margarine plus tartar sauce then 4 fish fingers, cut into rectangles.
Regards..........Danny Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Bren, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
Danny I've tried tartar sauce and you're right its much better than mayo for fishfinger sandwiches. Still not sure why I never tried it before.

I don't always cut bread into squares. home made bread makes smaller slices than store bought so sourdough and those baked in Hovis tins just get cut in half.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Broadway Offline
(31-05-2021, 08:09 AM)Bren Wrote: Danny I've tried tartar sauce and you're right its much better than mayo for fishfinger sandwiches.  Still not sure why I never tried it before.

I don't always cut bread into squares. home made bread makes smaller slices than store bought so sourdough and those baked in Hovis tins just get cut in half.
Glad you like it BrenSmile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Broadway's post:
  • Bren

JJB Offline
Moonraker
Don't often have sandwiches, if it's warm new bread it's just loads of butter and eat it on the sly so I don't get caught Smile My sandwich of choice would be egg and bacon. Fresh home made seeded brown with spread or soft butter, one slice with salad cream then sliced hardboiled egg covered with crispy streaky bacon topped with another slice and cut any which way you like depending on the size of loaf, probably in half to go in a lunch box.
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

JJB Offline
Moonraker
What's the panel's favourite filling?
Gardening is an excuse not to do housework
Greetings from Salisbury
Qualified member of the Confused Nutter's Club 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JJB's post:
  • Veggie

Broadway Offline
(31-05-2021, 09:28 AM)JJB Wrote: What's the panel's favourite filling?
Normal would be either roast beef salad or roasted med vegetables(this is nice on tomato bread, or whatever it's called).

Toasted would be cheese and onion all day longSmileSmile
[-] The following 3 users Like Broadway's post:
  • Farendwoman, JJB, Veggie

Mark_Riga Offline
Member from Cheshire
When my daughters were 2 and 4, the 4 year old was quite lazy and would get her sister to make her a butty. 2 slices of white toasting bread with a smear of jam in the middle.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mark_Riga's post:
  • Bren, Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Proserpina Offline
South Yorkshire
I'm not a big sandwich eater either. However, I do love a children's birthday party style egg sandwich: hard-boiled eggs mashed with salad cream(never mayonnaise) with or without spring onion, cress, parsley, or some combination of those on buttered white bread cut into triangles (but crusts left on).

Lately, I've been having the same filling but in a toasted pitta bread (as they are easy to cram into my share of the freezer) and with my windowsill-grown cress.

I do occasionally have phases where I like a nice cheese, salad and pickle/chutney sandwich. Good quality sandwich bread, pickle or chutney on one side of one slice and salad cream or butter on the other slice, thinly sliced strong cheddar, and as much salad (mostly lettuce) as I can cram in there. Always sliced diagonally.

I gather the Americans find it quaint that we usually butter our bread when making sandwiches.
Formerly self-contained, but expanding my gardening horizons beyond pots!
[-] The following 3 users Like Proserpina's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Bren Offline
My favourite cold sandwich is cheese and coleslaw.

Fave warm one is Stilton on sourdough buttered on the outside then pan fried till the cheese melts.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bren's post:
  • Broadway, JJB, Veggie

Veggie Offline
Super Pest Controller
Question No. 2
How do you dry your washing?
If on a clothes line, how do you peg things out?
The Moneyless Chicken says:- 
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Veggie's post:
  • Small chilli